Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well Im At A Year And 5 Months

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

1.6 if they didnt change my eed because i switched from schizo to paranoid schizo typo error on my part, im at the point where im just going to call my VSO rep and yell or my congressman, and maybe a little of the 1800 number, its funny cause yesterday i called the 1800 number and they said average was 6-9 months and didnt say a single word about mine being 17 what would u do? im in chicago

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hulamatt...not trying to one-up-you, but I'm at 21 months. My claim also is a initial claim and not an appeal. Seattle, WA is my RO. Just today the DAV rep I spoke to said he has never seen a claim take this long. Funny, but that didn't make me feel better. My home was foreclosed on earlier this month and I sent my two young boys to stay with their grandparents during the summer so I can get settled into a new place without them experiencing all the stress. I guess my point in writing all this is " I understand and you're never alone". I really hope to see on here soon that your claim was resolved with positive results.

whoever puts out the numbers needs a good whipping... I just want honesty.... why the Frak can't they just be honest? If I were a dishonest worker at the VA would I be able to keep my job?

what is the damned truth?

with some sarcasm, I bet they just slap each other high 5's all day talking about how life's rough,,, I have seen this over and over again when walking down the halls with my mountain of records on wheels..

they pass each other and stop and talk crap for 25 mintues before they drag their arses to the next door...

just how frakkin long does it take to take a claim that needs nothing, ready to go, and how long to rate it and tell the poor sob vet what the frak is going on.. is that to much to ask.. (rhetorical..)

Hulamatt...not trying to one-up-you, but I'm at 21 months. My claim also is a initial claim and not an appeal. Seattle, WA is my RO. Just today the DAV rep I spoke to said he has never seen a claim take this long. Funny, but that didn't make me feel better. My home was foreclosed on earlier this month and I sent my two young boys to stay with their grandparents during the summer so I can get settled into a new place without them experiencing all the stress. I guess my point in writing all this is " I understand and you're never alone". I really hope to see on here soon that your claim was resolved with positive results.

So the DAV rep has been no help? i think we should just write our congressman, i hear good and bad things, but what do we have to lose, FYI you can ask the rep on the 1800 number to tell you the last time your file was handled(you must check it out electroinicaly) one time mine hadnt been touched in 4 months the rep sent an electronic message to the RO and that sped things up but then it slowed to a standstill yet again

Hints:

Sit down and think about what you want to file. Get all medical records pertaining to the claim up front ( it

May cost you for release of information, but in the long run it will pay off). When you get your Letter it says you have 30 days to submit evidence. (there are release forms 21-4142). No Need for them Because you submitted all your information Upfront. There is also a NCAA notice response attached to this letter (at the back before the Forms). Fill That out which says I have no Further evidence to submit. When the va gets that it comes down to va exam or ready for decision ( if nothing is found in your service records.).

Timeline: claim submitted with all information up front roughly two weeks until you get you first Letter. 30 days to submit info. no info to submit va exam or ready to rate. 30

Days. If va exam time for exam to be scheduled and examined 60 days (scheduling and folder to get to hospital and back and exam to be signed off). File to be reviewed and made easy for decision 30 days. All in all approx 6 months.

Problems: "claim takes forever"

File additional claims while original claim was being processed. (start over because new claim)

21-4142 relase of info forms submitted ( because info was not gotten upfront). Va has to go out for med records because directed to by vet. 30 days for first attempt. Approx another 30 days for sec attempt. (hence

GetInfo up front).

Be short and concise if you write the va. Do not five any inkling you are claiming other conditions. If you list symptoms of your claimed conditions then state these are symptoms. NOT new claims.

THESE are why claims take forever. Yes the

Va is at fault too, but don't help them make your claim linger by doing the problems!!!! Read the

Above.

Edited by T8r

1.6 if they didnt change my eed because i switched from schizo to paranoid schizo typo error on my part, im at the point where im just going to call my VSO rep and yell or my congressman, and maybe a little of the 1800 number, its funny cause yesterday i called the 1800 number and they said average was 6-9 months and didnt say a single word about mine being 17 what would u do? im in chicago