Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cola - Hr 1407 And S 894

Rate this question

Vync

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I received the attached letter from the DAV. It details pending COLA legislation in the House and Senate: COLA - HR 1407 and S 894.

COLA - HR 1407 and S 894.pdf

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

WHEREAS, ETC-it says nothing which sounds about right. The COLA is what it is & 50,000 resolutions won't change it. Sorry, just saying this is waste of two sheets of paper..JMHO

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, we see resolutions like this all the time. This is the first time the DAV has felt it was important enough to actually email me something not related to claims. :biggrin:

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are asking for the raise which would be higher for disabled vets either the COLA determineed by the CPI or the percentage that Congress raises pay for military members which ever would be greater in each year, I think we all know that is in response to the fact that we haven't had a COLA in 2 years

but given the mood to cut spending in Congress I don't see the votes being there to pass this

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, we see resolutions like this all the time. This is the first time the DAV has felt it was important enough to actually email me something not related to claims. :biggrin:

regardless of how much it cost them to mail out to all their members they want everyone to know they are "fighting" trying to get the members and other disabled vets the highest pay raises they can they must have felt the need to toot their own horn

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Kind of like the Congress asking every year to allow Disabled Vets to fly standby. Just another dog and pony show.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Yep...the DAV "fighting for Vets". Im pretty glad the DAV is ineffective, or else we would not be able to have lawyers, as the DAV opposed them. I bet Mr. Cleveland Burns is glad he got a lawyer. He is the Vet the VA declared incompetent and then VA fiduciaries obsconded with all his money, or, at least until Katrina Eagle started fighting for him. While lawyers are not for everyone, I dont beleive I want the DAV trying to see to it that I cant hire one if I see fit. It is pretty incredible, and rather ironic that we Vets have fought so that others can get representation when accused of a crime, but the DAV thinks we dont need it, we have the DAV. If the DAV was so good at getting benefits for us, then why are there a million Vets still waiting?

The VA doesnt think Vets need lawyers, either. Ok good...then they need to fire their 400 or so lawyers and pay that money they save to Veterans benefits. Now I like that idea. Then, Vets would not need lawyers. The VA wants us to go against their lawyers unrepresented, or represented by a VSO whose rent is paid by the VA. And we wonder why VSO's are like puppets? If someone paid your rent, would you do them a favor once in a while?

Im not quite ready to run out and spend the money the DAV is lobbying to get for us.