Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With Va Math

Rate this question

Guest terrysturgis

Question

Guest terrysturgis

Trying to get help on the VA math for my daughter. She is service connected at 90% as follows:

Asthma 60%

Chronic sinitus with headaches 50%

Paralysis of the facial nerve with left and right ear cholestiatomas and chronic ear infection 20% (I'm not sure if bilaterial applies here)

Vertigo associated with cholestiatomas 10%

Bilaterial hearing loss 20%

She has applied for TDIU and got denied so I was trying to see how close to 95% she is to see if she can get schedular. THANKS! Terry

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

It would be best to have her contact VA and ask them to send her a copy of the breakdown of her combined ratings decision. My count is anywhere between 88% to 92% and then round off to the combined rating of 90%. I think it is called a complete "Notification Letter" but don't quote me on that.

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry, check out the sinusitis with headaches.

Personally, I would check into this because sinusitis and headaches are separate rateable disabilities. The Headaches may need to be rated separate from the sinusitis as a secondary condition.

If the rating schedule can back this up, then there may be a CUE as the current rating is not in the favor of the Veteran.

Check into it.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Terry...I know that math is crazy lol the way the VA goes about it - Pete's number are correct check out the link from Service Connected Disabilities Rating Calculator

Good luck

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

Terry,

Find out what DC's she's rated under.

If it is a DC different than the ones below than yes,

as basser pointed out - Sinus and HA might get separate evaluations.

http://edocket.acces...r/38cfr4.97.htm

Sec. 6510 Sinusitis, pansinusitis, chronic.

6511 Sinusitis, ethmoid, chronic.

6512 Sinusitis, frontal, chronic.

6513 Sinusitis, maxillary, chronic.

6514 Sinusitis, sphenoid, chronic.

General Rating Formula for Sinusitis (DC's 6510 through

6514):

Following radical surgery with chronic osteomyelitis,

or; near constant sinusitis characterized by

headaches, pain and tenderness of affected sinus, and

purulent discharge or crusting after repeated

surgeries….50

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Guest terrysturgis

Carlie, I will check with my daughter and consul her on what needs to be done to get the information needed to win her claim. Once again, THANKS!

She is using a County Service Officer in Jefferson County, Watertown, NY. He told her that the reason she got denien TDIU is because the VA is fighting younger veterans on TDIU. Having said that I said "b_ll s__t!. If a veteran is rated at 90% disabled and 10% good, who is going to give that person a job and with the time lost at work, side affects of medications? No one. She had an IMO that says she can not work a full time job. Anyhow the battle will go on. She is not a quitter.

I noted today that your profile is at 90% as are several others on the board. Have you filed for TDIU? I wonder how many others are in the same spot as you and my daughter. Fact is the diffrence in pay between 90% and 100% is a large savings to the VA.