VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Disability Question

Rate this question

gbachman

Question

I am about to get a rating for Menieres disease. It is looking and sounding like it will be 100 percent. My question is can I still work my part time job My employer is good about when i get ick to go home...I was just wondering what the guidelines were as far as me getting 100 percent disability with Menieres disease, compared if I was getting it for the IU version?

Thanks for any help...

Here is what I am looking at:

• 6205 Meniere’s syndrome (endolymphatic hydrops):
    • Hearing impairment with attacks of vertigo and cerebellar gait occurring more than once weekly, with or without tinnitus: 100
    • Hearing impairment with attacks of vertigo and cerebellar gait occurring from one to four times a month, with or without tinnitus: 60
    • Hearing impairment with vertigo less than once a month, with or without tinnitus: 30

[*]NOTE: Evaluate Meniere’s syndrome either under these criteria or by separately evaluating vertigo (as a peripheral vestibular disorder), hearing impairment, and tinnitus, whichever method results in a higher overall evaluation. But do not combine an evaluation for hearing impairment, tinnitus, or vertigo with an evaluation under diagnostic code 6205.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If it is 100% P&T the answer would be yes you can work but you can also be reevaluated later. Also if your job does not pay more than about 1000 a month it is not considered substantial which is ok also.

This is an area that you really have to be careful about and when you get the award I would be sure to read it very careful.

Good Luck

I am sorry, but can you break it down farther for me? I am new to this....I do not know what a MH rating is, and if I am a 100% scheduler? This is the only thing I have applied for, if that helps...

If you are 100 % scheduler (not due to a single MH rating) you can work and earn

all the money you want.

What is a 100% P&T?

If it is 100% P&T the answer would be yes you can work but you can also be reevaluated later. Also if your job does not pay more than about 1000 a month it is not considered substantial which is ok also.

This is an area that you really have to be careful about and when you get the award I would be sure to read it very careful.

Good Luck

Mental Health rating...doubtful to work and better not to if 100% is what they are saying. If it is for other disabilities like Bob Dole or John McCain got then you can, even though these guys donated their comp money, did not keep it. Others have posted the parimeters of working/not with the disability ratings.

• HadIt.com Elder

mienere's is not considered mental health it is an actual physical issue make all the money you want just because it is taking place in your head does not make it mental health but I imagine that type of problem would drive most people nuts I am sorry you have this condition but I am glad you have the docyord that were able to properly diagnose it so many doctors miss or ignore conditions like this (thats just my opinion, I went to a doc in June and because my oxygen level would not get about a steady 84 they put me on oxygen, turned out I was in the middle of a episode of congestive heart failure and my lungs were retaining to much fluid for me to breath, a week later my wife took me to the ER and they admitted me and I spent from 10 June - 28 June in an ICU unit on IV drips before I was able to be stabilized to go home) I asked the doctor what he wanted to do with all this oxygen here at my house since I really don't need it he told me I should keep it and sleep with it at night I think he doesn't want me to return it because they would ask him why I only had it for a month and I spent most of it in a hospital I have seen to many docs ignore medical conditions