VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!

Rate this topic

On Friday of last week my DAV Rep. called and had a few questions for me. He said I had some smaller Secondary Issues that are mostly caused by the Medications I take for my Primary Disability. He ask if I wanted to defer those and address them later because they were ready to rule and do my rating. These things are like Insomnia, Constipation, Headaches and so on. He said it would be okay to defer them and this way I would get my primary rated and money in hand.

Well today not but 2 days later I get a white Envelope and inside they granted me an increase from 10% for DDD of lower-back to 20% and added a additonal 50% for Adjustment Disorder with Depressed mood. Not sure if that is for my Depression secondary to my low-back pain. But I will take it. I happy for the ruling.

But has anyone ever heard of this before? By that I mean defer secondary issues just to get the primary rated and out which they said was because of a hardship. (About to loose my home and all.) I hope I have made myself clear here let me know if not.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY TO GET THIS DONE WOWWWIIIIEE!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats!!!

Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-08

40% lower back, 10% migraines, 10% depression, 10% dermatitis 0% residuals of right foot, 0% esophagitis & 0% hypertension

"To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan"

- Abraham Lincoln

Congrats, and keep at those deferred items. They all add up and you want to keep the earliest date of claim so get started ASAP.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

added a additonal 50% for Adjustment Disorder with Depressed mood. Not sure if that is for my Depression secondary to my low-back pain. But I will take it. I happy for the ruling.

The Reasons and Bases Section of your official VA Rating Decision will spell out exactly why

and how you got the 50 % rating for whatever.

But has anyone ever heard of this before? By that I mean defer secondary issues just to get the primary rated and out which they said was because of a hardship.

Yes - and kudos to this DAV / VSO / Rep for good advice.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats and don't forget to ask for TDIU if you are not working.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use