VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bummed Out

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Really bummed out..

Just came home from vacation only to find a letter from the DAV office in Washington, stating that the Appeals Management center has made a decision on my husbands claim. This is the non-official notice... THE AMC HAD MADE A DECISION CONCERNING YOUR BENEFITS; A COMBINED EVALUATION OF 70% HAS BEEN ASSIGNED AS A RESULT OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS..SERVICE CONNECTION FOR cad IS GRANTED AT 0% EFFECTIVE February 16, 2007.

I have been receiving 70% IU since 2008. I filed my original claim for CAD due to Agent Orange when I had my heart attack back in 1994 and 1995, both times denied. The letter from the DAV also states that I will receive a letter from the AMC with 2-4 months. What should my next steps be? Please advise us ...

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Appeal! Do you have current symptoms? That decision does not make sense for effective dates.

I agree John this is awful I have been waiting so long and this is what they decided. Yes I still have symptoms and I still see a heart doctor every six months. They have all of my records and my doctors records

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA has all your records from your heart attacks I might appeal this to the Court of Veteran Appeals. Since you filed original claims back in 1994 and were denied that should have been your effective date. I don't understand a 0% rating for this, but I do advise you to appeal. I was rated for this CAD and got 0%. I appealed and got 60%. If you have solid evidence get a lawyer and take it to the veteran's court since you have already been to the BVA. My 0% rating was based on a truly awful C&P exam. I got more tests at VA expense and got 60%. You had heart attacks and you get 0%???? Something ain't right unless you are in perfect health today, and it still would not make sense.

Since you have been denied twice for Agent Orange/CAD, if the diagnosis or conditions are IHD (presumptive) then I would contact NVLSP.

• HadIt.com Elder

It is hard to deal with the VA but please do not give up on your claim. I am sure that you will win and the AMC really sucks.

• HadIt.com Elder

Really bummed out..

Just came home from vacation only to find a letter from the DAV office in Washington, stating that the Appeals Management center has made a decision on my husbands claim. This is the non-official notice... THE AMC HAD MADE A DECISION CONCERNING YOUR BENEFITS; A COMBINED EVALUATION OF 70% HAS BEEN ASSIGNED AS A RESULT OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS..SERVICE CONNECTION FOR cad IS GRANTED AT 0% EFFECTIVE February 16, 2007.

I have been receiving 70% IU since 2008. I filed my original claim for CAD due to Agent Orange when I had my heart attack back in 1994 and 1995, both times denied. The letter from the DAV also states that I will receive a letter from the AMC with 2-4 months. What should my next steps be? Please advise us ...

"Bummed out", bad feeling.

My most positive thoughts are with you.