Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Well someone from the AMC just call me at 10 this morning and told me that they need more info from my current heart doctor. So I assume the letter from the DAV this weekend was not a final decision from the AMC, which I am happy about. I explained to the person that called me that my original claim is from 1994 and 1995. What I do not understand is why my claim was never sent to a Nehmer processing center. I never even received a letter stating that my case was a Nehmer, it was just stated in my original letter from the AMC, that my claim for CAD may be reopened due to knew evidence. This is why it went there for the remands. I know that this sounds confusing but I have every letter that they have sent me from 1994.

IRIS and Peggy also gave me different answers when I called. So I just call my doctor and ask him to send all of my records to this person Bruce, even though they have most of them, maybe they want the most recent.. I ask the AMC official what timeline we are now looking at and he told me that once he gets the records he will try to much it through, maybe another year. We will see. Thanks for listening everyone, I am so glad when I get input from everyone.

Coachchas

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

[Just wanted to let everyone know that my doctor fill out the agent orange/IHD questionnaire today. I already faxed it back to the person at the AMC who called me on Monday and also to Dean at the NVLSP. At about 4:45 tonight someone from the DAV office here in Philly called me, (because I had called him on Monday morning when I got the decision), He told me he was looking at my decision from the AMC and he informed me to download the Agent orange/IHD form. I told him it was filled out and already faxed to the AMC, he seemed surprised. He did say that I should have faxed it to him, I would have if I had known he was going to call me. I had called him 3 times. I did fax him the completed form so he could look at it and I only hope know that the ball gets rolling again.

I cannot thank everyone here on this forum. Because of all of you things get done properly. I will let all of you know what happens next.

Coachchas

quote name='carlie' timestamp='1311776648' post='252089']

SC = Service Connected.

Be sure to submit the medical evidence that jbasser posted.

The evaluation criteria is in the measurements.

JMHO

Thand goodness you sent me the link for this form. I have never seen this form before.. I really think that someone dropped the ball on my claim. Why it was sent to the AMC and not to a Nehmer processing center really stumps me.

The VA (or even your DAV rep) should have sent you this form to have your current treating doctor fill out:

http://www.vba.va.go...0960A-1-ARE.pdf

Carlie is right-they need to know the current status of your IHD disability to rate it properly.

That AMC letter is really strange.

I would think Dean at NVLSP would advise you have your doctor fill out and sign this form and then send a copy of it to the AMC but he might advise differently here.

They are saying you have IHD and it is service connected to Agent Orange. But they dont have enough medical evidence to rate it yet.

"Maybe that is why someone from the AMC called me yesterday to ask for my most recent doctors report"

Did they mention this form above As this is the form AO vets who ave private IHD medical care should be using for their claims.The DAV should have these forms as well.

It concerns me that VA didn't send you this form.

Myself or someone here posted the link to this in our AO forum as well as the Parkinson's and Hairy Cell B form as soon as the VA published them.

Yes I think they sure dropped the ball but you picked it up and I think this claim will definitely go OK now for you.

As our Webmaster Tbird says-the VA claims process is a paper battlefield.

I call it a War of the Words. And as her Hadit Motto says- Knowledge is Power and one thing all VA claimants need is the knowledge that is found here.

Your DAV rep sounds very supportive.That is good to know.

Your Ejection fraction might warrant a 60 % rating but then again- that is hard to determine and NVLSP will make sure the rating is correct.

Edited by Berta

Thanks Bertha, I really do appreciat all that everyone has told me. It also concerns me that I di not receive that form too. Maybe because my appeal went from the BVA to the AMC, who knows...I did get in touch with Bruce from the AMC, he is the person that called me on Monday requesting more doctors info...I asked him if he received my faxed papers from my doctors and he told me he did. I know that it still may take another years of so but I have been waiting a long time, what is anoth year....haha

Coachchas

[quote name='Berta' timestamp='1311854848' post='252193'

It concerns me that VA didn't send you this form.

Myself or someone here posted the link to this in our AO forum as well as the Parkinson's and Hairy Cell B form as soon as the VA published them.

Yes I think they sure dropped the ball but you picked it up and I think this claim will definitely go OK now for you.

As our Webmaster Tbird says-the VA claims process is a paper battlefield.

I call it a War of the Words. And as her Hadit Motto says- Knowledge is Power and one thing all VA claimants need is the knowledge that is found here.

Your DAV rep sounds very supportive.That is good to know.

Your Ejection fraction might warrant a 60 % rating but then again- that is hard to determine and NVLSP will make sure the rating is correct.