Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Amc

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Well someone from the AMC just call me at 10 this morning and told me that they need more info from my current heart doctor. So I assume the letter from the DAV this weekend was not a final decision from the AMC, which I am happy about. I explained to the person that called me that my original claim is from 1994 and 1995. What I do not understand is why my claim was never sent to a Nehmer processing center. I never even received a letter stating that my case was a Nehmer, it was just stated in my original letter from the AMC, that my claim for CAD may be reopened due to knew evidence. This is why it went there for the remands. I know that this sounds confusing but I have every letter that they have sent me from 1994.

IRIS and Peggy also gave me different answers when I called. So I just call my doctor and ask him to send all of my records to this person Bruce, even though they have most of them, maybe they want the most recent.. I ask the AMC official what timeline we are now looking at and he told me that once he gets the records he will try to much it through, maybe another year. We will see. Thanks for listening everyone, I am so glad when I get input from everyone.

Coachchas

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I hope so. Maybe that is why someone from the AMC called me yesterday to ask for my most recent doctors report. I see a heart doctor twice a year. What is SC . Why do you think that? There decision really confused me

coachchas

pk,

It seems to me that the AMC wants updated medical evidence (METS,etc...) so they can do an evaluation

for your percentage, as shown in the decision, something like, SC is granted at zero percent,

pending a medical opinion.

I do not see at this point that you will continue to be evaluated at the zero percent level, pending

that medical opinion.

JMHO

The VA (or even your DAV rep) should have sent you this form to have your current treating doctor fill out:

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960A-1-ARE.pdf

Carlie is right-they need to know the current status of your IHD disability to rate it properly.

That AMC letter is really strange.

I would think Dean at NVLSP would advise you have your doctor fill out and sign this form and then send a copy of it to the AMC but he might advise differently here.

They are saying you have IHD and it is service connected to Agent Orange. But they dont have enough medical evidence to rate it yet.

"Maybe that is why someone from the AMC called me yesterday to ask for my most recent doctors report"

Did they mention this form above As this is the form AO vets who ave private IHD medical care should be using for their claims.The DAV should have these forms as well.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to send them the latest Echocardiogram or heart cath results asap.

These tests are the ones that reveal the latest EF.

J

This web site is the best. I have learned so much information. I just printed the form and I am bringing it to my doctor to fill out. This way he can send it along with my latest records from my doctor. I did ask the person brom the AMC who called for more doctors info why my claim did not go onto a Nehmer center. He has no answer. He did respond that there is now a Nehmer processing center in the AMC building, it has been ther for 4 months.

Coachchas

The VA (or even your DAV rep) should have sent you this form to have your current treating doctor fill out:

http://www.vba.va.go...0960A-1-ARE.pdf

Carlie is right-they need to know the current status of your IHD disability to rate it properly.

That AMC letter is really strange.

I would think Dean at NVLSP would advise you have your doctor fill out and sign this form and then send a copy of it to the AMC but he might advise differently here.

They are saying you have IHD and it is service connected to Agent Orange. But they dont have enough medical evidence to rate it yet.

"Maybe that is why someone from the AMC called me yesterday to ask for my most recent doctors report"

Did they mention this form above As this is the form AO vets who ave private IHD medical care should be using for their claims.The DAV should have these forms as well.

Just dropped off form for the doctor. I told the head nurse that I would pick up all material once completed and send them to the person at the AMC who called me the other day. I will send them certified mail.

SC = Service Connected.

Be sure to submit the medical evidence that jbasser posted.

The evaluation criteria is in the measurements.

JMHO