Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Here Too!

Rate this topic

handler

I received my initial rating in January 2011 of 60% due to multiple claims. After many hours of reading this forum, writing letters to support the evidence, obtaining records, IMO's and following the recommendations of those who contribute on this board, I submitted a Reconsideration Request for my IHD and IU along with some new evidence to the DRO level. I also submitted a claim for a secondary condition to IHD at the same time. This was done in February 2011

I just received the much awaited brown envelope and am pleased to report that they have increased my rating to 70% but pay at the 100% due to TDIU and Permanent and Total Disability!

I find it kind of interesting too that earlier this year I applied for the Veterans Life Insurance and was accepted and my premiums were deferred because in the VA Insurance Department eyes, I had been permanently and totally disabled due to IHD for the last 20 years! They used the same evidence (SSDI) as I had submitted with my initial compensation claim in July 2010 to make their determination. The rating portion of the VA didn't see it that way.

Also submitted with the Reconsideration Request was a NOD for my PTSD (30%) portion of the claim which is still pending at the DRO level. Now that they have rated me as P&T with IU then that may be a moot point but could change my Effective Date. We'll see.

The bottom line is that none of this would have been possible for me to do on my own if it were not for all those who spend their time here to help others. I can't thank you enough.

Handler

Edited by handler

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW-=this is GREAT News Handler!

And it shows that a Reconsideration Request CAN work!!!!!

The request has to catch their attention to something important that they missed or to something sent in that is so probative to the claim that they must reconsider their decision.

You did very well here!

Excellent job. This is exactly the reason why I have been posting about this subject matter and your request showed they "missed something".!

Can't be any happier for you! Also noticed they worked your Reconsideration rather fast. Great job handler!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use