Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

rydastar

Question

I have a claim in for AO heart disease, of which i was awarded 10% low ball v.a. number, i filed a NOD....i also have claim for PTSD , i took the c&p exam with the psychologist 2 months ago...any suggestions on this ? If i was not getting anything would i have heard by now?

or is this typical waiting period no matter which way it goes? in side i am hoping longer is better in this case.? thanks for any ideas..as you can imagine like many others, i am nervous and waiting..later ryd..

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Most of the time you get an answer after C&P in 60 to 120 days. It can be longer or shorter but that seems to be the ballpark for many.

Good Luck

If you can't work you should ask for TDIU and if you have not done it apply for Social Security if you are not working.

I have a claim in for AO heart disease, of which i was awarded 10% low ball v.a. number,

i filed a NOD....i also have claim for PTSD , i took the c&p exam with the psychologist 2 months ago...any suggestions on this ?

If i was not getting anything would i have heard by now?

or is this typical waiting period no matter which way it goes? in side i am hoping longer is better in this case.?

thanks for any ideas..as you can imagine like many others, i am nervous and waiting..later ryd..

ryd,

You more likely than not have a 6-12 wait ahead of you prior to getting any answer

on your claim for PTSD.

This is ir-regardless of whether the claim will be granted or denied and of corse

it could be a bit sooner or even longer than my wag.

Extremely long periods of waiting are quite normal in VBA claims adjudication.

JMHO

If you request a copy of te C & results , that will give you a heads up[ on what to expect.

Although you are a Vietnam vet they will prpobably use the new PTSD criteria for your claim (it is in our PTSD forum here)

Unlike prior gclaims under the old PTSD regs, the new regs require a {PTSD diagnosis from a VA MH provider and the VA wont accept an IMO from a non VA mental health doctor).

That highly unfair part of the new PTSD regs is being challenged in court.

thanks for input, i applied for SSDI soon after i made ptsd application, and SS approved me for SSDI on first go round.. but from most of what i read here, are leaning towards the V.A. not looking at that aspect of my claim..thanks again. i will keep on truckin as the saying goes. Hell i waited 40 plus years to apply i guess another few months or so..:) i guess ignorance is bliss..no knowing why i had some of the issues i had , untill a phys. told me i had ptsd...thanks again..ryd..:)

Do i need to file a seperate claim for TDIU? or will this be picked up automatically if i get my PTSD claim approved, ? possibly seeing SSDI approval may help? thanks again,,

Most of the time you get an answer after C&P in 60 to 120 days. It can be longer or shorter but that seems to be the ballpark for many.

Good Luck

If you can't work you should ask for TDIU and if you have not done it apply for Social Security if you are not working.

Edited by rydastar