Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay Changes

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I thought I would share the new travel pay changes that took effective in July. After an appointment the other day I was advised that the group I am now has the $ 6.00 co-payment subtracted giving me the difference of $2.50. After the 3rd appointment in 1 month you get the full pay. This is per month. For vets receiving pension from 30-100% they will now have to pay the co-payment. The VA was waiving this for years-however no longer .

Also, I saw something on the VA website about them automatically sending the travel pay vs standing in line. That is a new directive and the VA in my area is waiting to see how they will carry this out.

I just called the travel pay section in Tucson so they could better explain this issue. Quite a few unhappy folks there as I don't believe nothing official has been mailed out yet.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They probably had made a mistake on a few folks and now am following the proper procedure. It looks like each VA site runs thing a little differently. Not worth the 1 hour wait for 2.50 anymore. That would buy me a soda pop for 1.50 and a candy bar at the the mini mart for my trip home,

• HadIt.com Elder

I think nothing has changed. Just the way some person decided to explain the rules. Have you noticed this never happens just someone says that someone said & etc...After making the 160 mile trip for $11.38 for years & now getting the $59 plus after the $6 deduction I'm just fine. I've heard people that live 20 minutes away have problem with amount or whatever. I understand that the $6 wipes out your travel pay...I don't know what I'm suppose to do about that. What concerns me is that other people travel 300 & 400 miles for special treatment & you want to get them all upset & make them think they can't get travel because you don't get thousands of dollars for you inconvenience. Relax, I've finished venting & I (ain't) mad...

Don

Sorry my PTSD is showing this morning

Bay Pines, Florida VA. When it was finally made aware to the majority, that travel pay is authorized for visits there, the line increased 1000%. So instead of opening additional windows, if you had more than one visit in a 30 day period, they told you AFTER you stood in line at the pay window, to go put your name on a clip board hanging on door (with no markings for this door) and wait in another line to get paid. The look on these people working there is pathetic. You would think you are taking money out of their own pockets.

I have been going there for 15 years and never knew travel pay is authorized until I received a letter explaining it last year. They will only go back 30 days. BS.

Sorry for the multiple post, this issue really aggravating me, and others too.

I have been going there for 15 years and never knew travel pay is authorized until I received a letter explaining it last year. They will only go back 30 days. BS.

Sorry for the multiple post, this issue really aggravating me, and others too.

No Kidding! 15 years and never knew it, wow. I don't know what your RO procedure's are, but the Phoenix RO gives you a voucher (form) at the end of your appointment that proves you showed up, and that's what you take to get the travel window to get your pay. I would think that would be SOP for all RO's, but maybe not.