Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Travel Pay Changes

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I thought I would share the new travel pay changes that took effective in July. After an appointment the other day I was advised that the group I am now has the $ 6.00 co-payment subtracted giving me the difference of $2.50. After the 3rd appointment in 1 month you get the full pay. This is per month. For vets receiving pension from 30-100% they will now have to pay the co-payment. The VA was waiving this for years-however no longer .

Also, I saw something on the VA website about them automatically sending the travel pay vs standing in line. That is a new directive and the VA in my area is waiting to see how they will carry this out.

I just called the travel pay section in Tucson so they could better explain this issue. Quite a few unhappy folks there as I don't believe nothing official has been mailed out yet.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Something don't sound right cause they been deducting a fee from my travel pay for a long time now. My RO is Phoenix. Is this another deduction their adding to it?

Something don't sound right cause they been deducting a fee from my travel pay for a long time now. My RO is Phoenix. Is this another deduction their adding to it?

When I went to collect my travel pay on the other day they informed me of this. Last year they were going to deduct the 6.00, then they changed there mind. According to the new guide lines that they say took effective a few weeks back, those 30-100 % now have the 6.00 deducted. Perhaps they were already doing this as they said they were doing this at one time, then it was suspended. They have been advised to start subtracting the co-payments from the travel pay for those in that category.

They might of stopped it right after the last time I was there, which was about a year ago. Oh well, out of sight out of mind.

I requested reimbursement after 4 trips in one month, and at 100% I was told I had to give the $6,00 per trip, no problem, but never got any money at all. I am so disgusted with so many of the VA departments I said screw it, not worth the enrgy anymore.