Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thinking Of Filing A Cue To 1971

Rate this question

steve&pat

Question

I came across this first rating decision of 2-2-71 that has this printed note on the top--

(for the veterans vasomotor rhinitis,because it cannot be distinguished from his sinusitis which was incurred in service.S/C for both ---then goes on to say service connection is denied for the ulcer of the nasal septum , because it was first noted after service.

10/1/ 70 I got out of service I believe the C/P was 1/5/71

I was only recieving 10% at that time so this could add another 10 % or more.

This wasnt even 4 months after discharge.Didnt go to 100% till 1994

A lot of this first rating was screwed up. THOUGHTS

thanks STEVE

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Believe what you have to or want to believe. Do what you have to do.

Good luck, and don't hold your breath.

I know that you don't care for my opinion .. but I think you have too much time on your hands

Interested;

Damn dude take a chill pill! The Brother was merely asking a simple question of our thoughts of the situation. Then you come and intensify the conversation by belittling the man. Your absolutely right, he probably doesn't care for your opinions. With reply's like that I wouldn't either!! Just sit back and relax. There's no reason for this.

• HadIt.com Elder

A possible problem is that the VA may still be able to try and hide hide behind a "deemed denied" "gotcha" that can occur when a denial or award omits parts of a claim.

Let me quote the OP's last word in his paragraph: "THOUGHTS" ; perhaps I misunderstood his question whether he should file a CUE or not. Likewise, I may be misunderstanding your " ...asking a simple question of our thoughts of the situation." I understood the question to be whether the OP should file a CUE or not ... it that correct?

Although the knee-jerk reaction is always 'yes, file the CUE', I saw nothing in what little information that the OP provided that showed a CUE. While I suspect that a claim for increase might be in order, it is difficult to state that unequivocally without review of the veteran's unfiltered record.

However, if the intent of any suggestions on this forum is to sludge up the system even more with another claim that has little - if any - chance of success, please be my guest.

Now, if you want belittling, I draw your attention to the word "...reply's ..." . It should be 'replies." You're welcome ... just here to help.

(snip)

Interested;

Damn dude take a chill pill! The Brother was merely asking a simple question of our thoughts of the situation. Then you come and intensify the conversation by belittling the man. Your absolutely right, he probably doesn't care for your opinions. With reply's like that I wouldn't either!! Just sit back and relax. There's no reason for this.

Most of the time when a vet is down and out with their luck, sickness, injuries, etc. All they have left is their dignity, and as hard as it is to keep that in form, they try to stay in their safety zone from being degraded from the outside. I honestly believe that this site (Hadit) is to some, their safety zone, and feel comfortable being here talking with other vets about their service related issues.

Interested, your questioning to the Vet wasn't the issue in my response to you. It was your conclusions at the end of your replies (hope I have it right this time) that brought my attention to you. When you bluntly told him " I think you have too much time on your hands" .Then you said "Believe what you have to or want to believe. Do what you have to do. Good luck, and don't hold your breath. Please explain the innocence of these remarks to me because the way I see it, that is nothing BUT degrading the man's dignity by broadcasting those remarks over the forem where everyone else could read it.

I'm not here to get in a pissing contest with anybody, so if I made you uncomfortable in any way then I'm sorry, but facts are facts my friend, and that's all I'm going to say about this.

Edited by cooter