Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Did I Just Start My Tdiu Claim Over From Scratch?

Rate this question

ferris7060

Question

Started TDIU claim August 12, 2010. Had C&P's very quickly. Decision phase by Feb, 2011. Two days before claim hit 1 year mark it was sent to Buffalo. They immediately out it back in Development. I got a letter from them JUST like the letter I got when my claim first started.

We have recieved your application for benefits. It is our sincere desire to decide your case promptly. However, as we have a great number of claims, action on yours may be delayed. We are now in the process of deciding whether additional evidence or information is needed. If we need anything from you, we will contact you, so there is no need to contact us in the meantime.

This sounds like I was put at the bottom of the pile in Buffalo, like I just started the claim? Is that how it works? Should I be expecting another entire year or more, or do I get some priority because I'm a year in, already sent everything they asked for, and had my C&P's. They should not be able to send a claim back to development without stating what is it the claim was missing in order for them to make that decision. Where Buffalo has never seen my case, do they just start over from scratch? Is there any way to contact Buffalo to see what they have and what they do not? I sent in several things (through my VSO) that eBenefits show as never arriving. But the 1-800 can see them.

Sorry so many questions, I just feel right now like I am missing something, and once they make that decision, nomatter how stupid their mistake, it will still take me FOREVER to get it straightened out.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

“Is there any way to contact Buffalo to see what they have and what they do not? I sent in several things (through my VSO) that eBenefits show as never arriving. But the 1-800 can see them. “

Here is the link to TL 10-07:

I have dealt with Buffalo since 1988. Some claims make it through easy as pie and other claims get completely messed up. I asked the IG twice to look into the way they handle claims- to no avail.

This info is about a year old and might have changed.

Still you might get someone to help you-

Director Donna Terrill 1-716-857-3450

Fax 1-716-551-0372

If her secretary Elaine is still there-she might be willing to help see what is what with your claim.

Their main VSCM Susan Kloc is gone and only Mike's number exists:

Mike Scheibel VSCM 1-716-857-3023

I tried to reach him 3 times last year when they were refusing to pay me my retro. He never called me back.Still maybe someone will answer his phone and help.

I am glad you checked thatthey received your stuff. They are good about saying they didn't get evidence, and then superb at not even considering the evidence in an SOC.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks to all who replied, it's great to have a place to go and people to talk to who have more experience dealing witht the VA than I do. It also helps to think there may be a method to their madness rather than just sending it back for giggles (and as a delay tactic). A new claim showed up on EBenefits, it said Regulatory and Procedural review Claim (it was opened on Aug 10th, the day my claim transferred to Buffalo). Anyone have any guesses as to what that's all about and how it effects my claim for TDIU? Is that just somerthing to show the claim has been moved or changed in status, or does it mean something else?