Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does This Sound Right For Voc Rehab Substinance

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I put in a call to the atlanta regional office in re to the sub allowance to ask how it work because all my counselor told me was i would get it.

after she let me know she is not the person to answer these questions she said the following.

all substinance payments come from texas.

they are not paid out on the first but put in the system on the first monthly and are paid out by the 7th from there.

it will come in a check unless you go in and do paperwork with your counselor to have dir dep does not matter if all your other benifits come in that way.

that your counselor does everything for you claim. (although mine rep didnt even know how to do dir deposit)

if this is right can you guys confirm and give me any info they may have missed.

thnx as always

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Claim 4 Filed June 13,11 cnps-Na Dec Phase- Aug 2011 Notification- ...

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

***Under Ga VARO from 2009 - Until Present***

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

My subsistence payments came the same way that my compensation did. My VA/Voc Rehab rep handled some things, like, if I needed a computer, or extra supplies for class that were outside of the supplies allowance per term. I never had to 'set up' direct deposit-it was already in the system because of my compensation. Your Voc counselor should be the one that can answer any question you have, that is their job.

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

which state are you in, anyone have a different outlook. I am in month 2 of school started mid august wanted to know what to expect from the substinance and help getting equipment.

this is what i was told. any additional info would be appreciated.

Claim 1 & 2 /w pension Filed 10/23/2009 CnPs- Dec Phase 10/1/2010 Notification 10/12/2010 Closed 10/15/2010

Claim 3 Filed June 23,10 CNPs- Jan 2011 Dec Phase- Mar 2011 Notification- May 2011 Closed My 2011 (CLAIM DENIED)

Voc Rehab Claim Filed July 2011 Orientation-17 Aug 2011 Found Entitled- 17 Aug 2011 Classes paid- 19 Aug 2011 First Stipen Check- ...

can you also inform me of what time of the month we get our substinance allowance. i dont have one yet.... thnx

Mine came on the first, same as my disability compensation.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Its been awhile; but if I recall I would call a 800 number on the 1st; and then the check would come within a week of that. That was back in 06, by the time I left the program I no longer had to call I just took my schedule to the va rep on campus and it was good to go. I would receive a check each month usually by the second week of the month. That worked for me as I would pay my bills with my compensation and then use the stipend for my monthly expenses. I had dependents so my stipend was around 850.00. Hope that helps. Good luck.

/doc