Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Walgreens No Longer To Provide Tricare Prescriptions

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

Just received a letter from Walgreens that stated that effective 01 Jan 12 that they will no longer be able to fill your Tricare prescriptions as a network provider. The contract with Express Scripts the company that manages Tricare Pharmacy benifits plan has rejected all their efforts to reach an agreement. This is a shame. I have been using Walgreens for years. Now I have to go elsewhere :angry:

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Goodness-where will we go then? I am looking to see what other places to go.

I got that as well

In the letter they have a website to sign a petition. They would have actually saved Tricare more money than other contracts they had. But I guess Rite-Aid has more relatives and friends of the lobbyist and we know how important it is for Government contractors to get the money into the pockets of their friends and family.

No conflict of interest here, I am sure.

Walgreens has been great, never screws up my order, always has what I need. I have used 2 other pharmacies, A LOT, and they continually would screw up the Rx, forget to call the Dr. office, and almost always would be out of the meds I was trying to fill, even though I filled them there every month, same meds, same time, same Rx. I know they have a program telling them what to refill & when so why they were not doing this?????

I sincerely hope this gets fixed.

This is rather shocking and disturbing. Once again, Veterans are "pawns" to be used to sacrificed for the "greater good"...profits. This reminds me of the debt ceiling fiasco of about a month ago, where Vets and seniors are put on the chopping block.

It almost makes one suspect that Tricare, via Express Scripts, is trying to covertly compel

enrollment into their "on-line" pharmacy program, a drum that Tricare has been beating

for quite awhile.

This is rather shocking and disturbing. Once again, Veterans are "pawns" to be used to sacrificed for the "greater good"...profits.

This reminds me of the debt ceiling fiasco of about a month ago, where Vets and seniors are put on the chopping block.

bronco,

Knock it off . . . . . better yet don't even start !

You know exactly what I am referring to.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.