Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Some Knowledgeable Help

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

Recieved the following information from a "Vet"?? and I guess the question is, is this veteran entitled to a DD 214 for the military service he performed.

I was in an ROTC program voluntarily for 3 years and one quarter at Santa Clara University Sept 1975 - November 1979.

I attended the Officers Summer (boot) camp at Ft. Lewis Washington for 12 weeks (I think it may have been 15 or 16 weeks) during the summer of 1979. I had a traumatic injury to both of my ankles the first week at camp, but I toughed it out and completed summer officer's camp. The Madigan hospital radiologist did not understand why I didn't have any broken bones, but admitted they had a rotten Xray machine and that I probably had many hairline fractures through both of my ankles.

I was on a full ROTC scholarship for the last two years. My professor of military science offered me a deal. There was a change in years of service required that he felt was unfair to me, plus, if I did not hold the U.S. government responsible for my injury they would release me from my military obligation. I was not tendered a commission, but was given an honorable discharge per letter from my commander. Of course, I had to give up my ROTC scholarship (I had turned down a full California State scholoarship for the ROTC scholarship) so

I am stumped by this and do not know what to tell him. Any feedback?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

HAMSLICE, SIR I believe you hit it on the head. I have forwarded your reply to the ROTC fellow. That should answer his question I hope. Can always depend on you guys.