Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awarded Tdiu~Huge Relief

Rate this topic

eagle-eye

My local DAV rep is leaving and going to work for The Wounded Warrior Project. He said he wanted to leave knowing whether I was awarded or denied my IU since we already knew it had been rated. He called Houston and got a e-mail copy of my official notification letter. It states they are increasing from 80% to 90% service connected and awarding me TDIU. I am not P&T. I have one future exam. I am bing back paid for the additional 10% to Oct 09 and back paid for the TDIU to April 09...I was thrilled about that last part because they didn't go by the day I filed for TDIU but instead went back to the day I was awarded 70%.

I'm also relieved to find out what's been possibly causing my intense headaches (besides stress). I had an X-Ray and an MRI done on my neck. This was requested because I finally disclosed to my Dr about how badly I was hurt in this area and the back of head during an assualt. The MRI shows that I have arthritis in the neck and upper back. Finally proof that i'm not causing my own pain psychologically. I can't count how many times my primary dr, psychiatrist, neurologist and a few others have theorized that I'm bringing on the pain because of my PTSD.

Anyway, I won this battle and now have to gear up for the Judicial hearing for appealing my SSD.

Thanks for all the great advice. I only wish I found this ite BEFORE filing my claim. I would have made less mistakes.

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Wonderful news and a great way to start the weekend. It won't be long before you see money.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Congrats on your Big Win, how long have you been waiting for TDIU

I applied 7 October 2009 (23 months ago).

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use