How Long Does Retro Take? - VA Disability Claims Research - VA Disability Community via Hadit.com Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com
  • ask-your-va-disability-claims-question.png

27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

How Long Does Retro Take?

Rate this question

brokensoldier244th

Question

My ebenefits letter has been updated since this weekend, and I got my unofficial DAV notification on Saturday. My award grant goes back to May 18th of this year, so I think I would have 4 months of retro pay coming at the difference between 50 percent and 70 percent.

The burning question is, when? I have direct deposit and thus far haven't seen anything. The soon it could get here, the better it would be (like always).

CAS

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It could be any day and should probably only be 3 months, for 7/1, 8/1 and 9/1 checks. Award date 5/18, w/no money for May. VA pays starting the first full month after the award date. So payment starts June 1st but you don't get June's payment until 7/1. Hope I explained that well enough.

pr

My ebenefits letter has been updated since this weekend, and I got my unofficial DAV notification on Saturday. My award grant goes back to May 18th of this year, so I think I would have 4 months of retro pay coming at the difference between 50 percent and 70 percent.

The burning question is, when? I have direct deposit and thus far haven't seen anything. The soon it could get here, the better it would be (like always).

CAS

Pretty well. I had been calculating from 'june' onward-I had the arrears part right, just not that 'may' didn't count.

thanks!

CAS

It could be any day and should probably only be 3 months, for 7/1, 8/1 and 9/1 checks. Award date 5/18, w/no money for May. VA pays starting the first full month after the award date. So payment starts June 1st but you don't get June's payment until 7/1. Hope I explained that well enough.

pr