Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Temporary Office Of Jurisdiction?

Rate this question

rodin57

Question

I logged into eBenefits yesterday, and noticed a change in my claim information. My Regional Office of Jurisdiction has always been Phoenix. Now it shows that I have a Temporary Office of Jurisdiction- Fort Harrison. What is a temporary office of jurisdiction? Is this a good thing? Bad thing? Or just the RO shifting their workload? My claim is over 18 months old now. I wonder what the current claims processing time stats are for Phoenix. Anybody know? Thanks!

post-11906-0-59966400-1315946321_thumb.j

Edited by rodin57

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Oops! Also, they say that they sent me a letter requesting more info. I never received a letter requesting more info. I called my Service Officer, she emailed me that I should "just let them know". As a noob, it would also be helpful to tell me the method I should use to let the VA know I didn't get their letter. Should I just call the 800#. If email, what address do I use? eBenefits? Snail mail? Really? Thanks!

That is what happened to me Sept. 7 on eBenefits. It now shows my Regional Office of Jurisdiction as of that date is St. Paul instead of my home state VARO. At least now I know I am not the only one...

I logged into eBenefits yesterday, and noticed a change in my claim information. My Regional Office of Jurisdiction has always been Phoenix. Now it shows that I have a Temporary Office of Jurisdiction- Fort Harrison. What is a temporary office of jurisdiction? Is this a good thing? Bad thing? Or just the RO shifting their workload? My claim is over 18 months old now. I wonder what the current claims processing time stats are for Phoenix. Anybody know? Thanks!

post-11906-0-59966400-1315946321_thumb.j

Rodin

It probably wouldn't hurt to call the 800# and send your request thru IRIS. Click here to open the page. Then click on the picture with the typewriter where it says Ask A Question, and fill it out and send.

Coot

Edited by cooter

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

I just figured out that clicking on the red question mark on eBenefits, next to Temporary Office of Jurisdiction does nothing. However, rolling the mouse over that section brings up the attached message:

post-11906-0-14634700-1315965377_thumb.j

It states the RO is assigning my claim for processing by another RO. Now we know!

"Oops! Also, they say that they sent me a letter requesting more info. I never received a letter requesting more info. I called my Service Officer, she emailed me that I should "just let them know". As a noob, it would also be helpful to tell me the method I should use to let the VA know I didn't get their letter. Should I just call the 800#. If email, what address do I use? eBenefits? Snail mail? Really? Thanks! "

This could be the VCAA letter. It has IMPORTANT REPLY REQUESTED on the top.

"she emailed me that I should "just let them know"." Ask her if she has a copy of this letter in the file she has on you unless you are sure you responded to it.

The VA failed to send me a legit VCAA letter in 2003. There was no response enclosure at all. I again sent them more medical evidence and asked my rep to support me to get a legitmate VCAA letter.

The VA responded that I had failed to respond on the response form ----which they failed to send to me.

I went over the rep's head to his highest level boss.

I got a letter from his boss (the director)saying that another rep had checked the file and told him the VCAA letter I got was legit.

Meantime the VA denied me again and refused to consider my evidence again ( I had 2 IMOs at this point)

Finally a vet rep read my VCAA letter and said Hey This isnt right! He was reading the letter in the file this POA had.

Long story-2 of them are gone and one was demoted. I raised all sorts of hell over this because the VCAA is our enhanced DTA rights and they (VA) had been causing countless remands at the BVA due to sending faulty VCAA letters.I griped to Congressman Filner MANY times about this when he was Chairman of the H VAC.I told him over the phone at one point that this was a deliberate VA scam geared to stave off the decisions they were too illiterate r too unwilling to make at a VARO level-guaranteeing the claim would be sent to BVA and remanded due to VCAA violation, (as the BVA web site showed for many years and was noted in BVA CHairman Terry's annual Report to COngress for many years)

The BVA took note of my erroneous VCAA letter in their award letter but I had mitigated the damages myself with evidence.At some point no matter how the VA attempts to screw up a claim-the evidence if probative-will make it succeed.

This VCAA situation however added YEARS to my claim and I had reps working against me because they didnt have the goon yats to approach the VARO or write to them and tell them the letter was prepared all wrong.

(after bragging to me they 'knew' the VSM and the DROs well)

I HOPE this is not the letter you mean.....The VCAA letter!

ANYTHING VA sends tat warrants or asks for a response is IMPORTANT and these letters always have response deadlnes.

There are sample VCAA letters ere at hadit I believe and a full explanation of what they should contain.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.