Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Az Decision Stage

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I was told today by the 800# (E-benefits always down) that AZ is now using 70 days as the estimate for those that hit the decision stage. However, it looks that they really missed me over. They used an excuse that they needed verification for service which took about 1 year. That got closed out in August. The claim stayed in the decision stage all this time, Obviously it couldn't be rated if they were waiting on something. Its nice how the VA uses anything to justify the delay of the claim process. The rep said it looked pretty confusing and couldn't understand why they did this to me. I informed her that I knew-but kept it to my self.

Not been able to post much anymore due to the pain issues I have. I do read the posts everyday. Everyone keep their heads up-someday --------:rolleyes:

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I was told today by the 800# (E-benefits always down) that AZ is now using 70 days as the estimate for those that hit the decision stage.

My claim has been back-and-forth between "Development" and "Decision" for the past 18 months. I wonder if the 70 day processing timeline estimate restarts each time the claim is moved from "Development" to "Decision"? For example, if my claim sits in "Decision" for 69 days, then gets moved to "Development" for a couple of months, then gets moved back to "Decision", I wonder if it begins another 70 day processing timeline? If this is true, then moving the claims back-and-forth will allow the VA to statistically "reduce" it's claims processing timelines. However, in reality, our claims continue to just float in a giant black hole (STS).

Edited by rodin57

My claim has been back-and-forth between "Development" and "Decision" for the past 18 months. I wonder if the 70 day processing timeline estimate restarts each time the claim is moved from "Development" to "Decision"? For example, if my claim sits in "Decision" for 69 days, then gets moved to "Development" for a couple of months, then gets moved back to "Decision", I wonder if it begins another 70 day processing timeline? If this is true, then moving the claims back-and-forth will allow the VA to statistically "reduce" it's claims processing timelines. However, in reality, our claims continue to just float in a giant black hole (STS).

I agree. It is so frustrating, however there quite a few others in the same boat.

I agree. It is so frustrating' date=' however there quite a few others in the same boat.[/quote']

It's all cool, COOL BREEZE. I only use my claim as an example only, and to make a point. I am quite sure there are many other claims that are being handled by the VA in a worse manner than mine...:mellow:

Edited by rodin57

Do y'all have VSO's inquiring about the claims at all?

Have you used IRIS to inquire?

That might help break something loose.

Good luck! :smile:

I spoke to mine, but all he does is help VETS process claims. Once your claim is filed it us up to the Veteran to make the calls, check e-benefits as he surely won't . Doesn't have the time. I can understand why. There is no feasible way the local VSO'S have the time here to do this. If they were only processing a few claims a week- sure.

• HadIt.com Elder

COOL BREEZE - besides, think how much it would interfere w/their golf game. Just sayin . . .

pr

I spoke to mine, but all he does is help VETS process claims. Once your claim is filed it us up to the Veteran to make the calls, check e-benefits as he surely won't . Doesn't have the time. I can understand why. There is no feasible way the local VSO'S have the time here to do this. If they were only processing a few claims a week- sure.