VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-mail The Va ?

Rate this question

Wings

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anybody know if you can send e-mail regarding claims questions. I called the VA 1-800# Friday, and they told me my 14 month old NOD has gone to some people that schedule hearings. In my NOD I asked for a DRO review. I want to e-mail them rather than write a postal letter . . . is this even possible??? ~Wings

P.S. My claim's at the Oakland VARO.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

We also had problems in getting good responses from the 1-800#. I started e-mailing the VARO for the status of my husbands claims. Granted, they have 5 business days to respond back, but the answer you get this way is far better than calling. I'm not sure why there should be a difference, since they all are supposed to be looking at the same information, but e-mail is definitely the way to go as far as I am concerned.

mssoup1

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings if you get the right email you should hear something. If you have an SO maybe they could help. I know that years ago Alex Humpfrey provided direct dial nimbers to reach provided no one told how they got the numbers.

Just go here: http://www.va.gov/ to this site and then click on "Contact the VA" on the menu bar. Follow the instructions. There is a drop down box in the on-line text you fill out based on your inquiry that you just click on your state. The inquiry is then sent to your VARO to respond to. You will immediately get an email notification that your inquiry has been forwarded to the VARO at the state you selected in the drop down menu box. It will also state that will receive a response within 5 days. Make sure you select the appropriate method you wish to receive the response, i. e. click Email in the selection portion of the on line inquiry.

It is as simple as that.

• HadIt.com Elder
Just go here: http://www.va.gov/ to this site and then click on "Contact the VA" on the menu bar. Follow the instructions. There is a drop down box in the on-line text you fill out based on your inquiry that you just click on your state. The inquiry is then sent to your VARO to respond to. You will immediately get an email notification that your inquiry has been forwarded to the VARO at the state you selected in the drop down menu box. It will also state that will receive a response within 5 days. Make sure you select the appropriate method you wish to receive the response, i. e. click Email in the selection portion of the on line inquiry.

It is as simple as that.

Thanks for your help! Problem I had at first was going to "frequently asked questions" lol! I went to "ask a question" and see that I am completeing an electronic VA Form 0873 (DEC 2005) . . .

Soo, the drop down box worked well and this is what I wrote:

I do NOT want a personal hearing with the Oakland VARO!

In my Notice of Disagreement (NOD), I asked for a Decision Review Officer (DRO) de novo review of prior decision, according to M21-1MR, Part I, 5.C.13.

PLEASE send me a Statement of Case (SOC), according to M21-1MR, Part I, 5.D.

There has been NO formal response to my NOD - sent over 14 months ago!

Thank you !!

Adora L. McNeil

#XXXX

Guest anfrnkie
Wings if you get the right email you should hear something. If you have an SO maybe they could help. I know that years ago Alex Humpfrey provided direct dial nimbers to reach provided no one told how they got the numbers.
peat, you never heard of the va under ground railroad,i got all those numbers