Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Log & Strange Poa Advice

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

Hi all,

Glad to see Hadit growing so much & l apologize for being such a dormit member, but it kinda matches what i am dealing with.

So filed a NOD just in the nick of time yet i was told to just accept the slight increase in 1 rating which was to low, didnt support the med evidence nor increase my comp.

Then was told appeals are 2 - 3 years behind!

I then informed him i was admitted to the va hosp recently for a SC condition which i NOD & asked if i was working.

I explained yes, but shared some serious work issues with him & was then informed i coul be IU in 6 - 8 months.

So is this good advice? I believe i will lose my job or get fired or laif off)

but why should i quit & lose possible unemployment?

Currently combined rating of 80.

Also read here that with the budget issues appeals are being denied. Maybe that is why he told me to let the claim run out & open a new one? Strange.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Any opinions on this or help, thanks.

Youcan file a claim for IU while your apeal is pending You can have an appeal and a reopened cliam at the same time.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Youcan file a claim for IU while your apeal is pending You can have an appeal and a reopened cliam at the same time.

• HadIt.com Elder

jecsb4 - sorry I missed your post earlier but I've been busy being scolded by a moderator (my opinion). If you feel you have good evidence and a valid claim you should always file a NOD. Don't do not do something just because appeals are running 2-3 yrs. I recently received $10k on an appeal from 10 yrs ago, that I'd all but given up on and almost forgotten about. If you were hospitalized for something service connected that is a claim in itself but you need to notify the VA of the hospitalization. jmo

pr

Hi all,

Glad to see Hadit growing so much & l apologize for being such a dormit member, but it kinda matches what i am dealing with.

So filed a NOD just in the nick of time yet i was told to just accept the slight increase in 1 rating which was to low, didnt support the med evidence nor increase my comp.

Then was told appeals are 2 - 3 years behind!

I then informed him i was admitted to the va hosp recently for a SC condition which i NOD & asked if i was working.

I explained yes, but shared some serious work issues with him & was then informed i coul be IU in 6 - 8 months.

So is this good advice? I believe i will lose my job or get fired or laif off)

but why should i quit & lose possible unemployment?

Currently combined rating of 80.

Also read here that with the budget issues appeals are being denied. Maybe that is why he told me to let the claim run out & open a new one? Strange.

Thanks Sharon,

The only thing that is holding me up on filing for IU is that I still am trying to keep my job but based on some of my negative behavior there i might get fired or laid off or at the least suffer with physical & mental issues. Heck i was in the va hosp for 3 days for chest pain that turned out to be severe anxiety which IMO is related to my SC depression.

But i must currently be unemployed to file IU, correct?

Felt it was strange that my POA rep practically guaranteed me IU in 6 - 8 months if i quit my job due to my SC issues.

Is that the norm? Just dont see how he could say this with such certainty, espically with my experience with the varro denials, low ratings & the previous NOD's i have had to deal with since 04 to get my current SC rating.