Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims Posted To Ebenifits 9 19 11

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

My previous claims were completed a couple of months ago and then I requested and received a copy of my medical records from the VA hospital where I go for everything and did some reading. I am claiming five issues that I found in the record and one just because I can. Comment on any, suggestions, and wish me luck.

1. Left shoulder condition-they took x-rays of both shoulders for my right shoulder increase and said I should request addition of arthritis for my left shoulder. Already 10% left shoulder for tendinopothy, so combined not stacked, probably no increase.

2. Plantar's warts-C&P examiner recommended that I claim this as I had them removed twice while on active duty and once since I left service, right foot only. Hoping for 10%.

3. Hemorrhoids-Just had my 50 year short colonoscopy, doctor commented on my having internal and external hemorrhoids, with history of such. No issues at this time, just would like service connection. Probably 0%.

4. Thoracic spine arthritis-Recent x-ray shows DDD/DJD and arthritis. Same thing showed up on my neck (DDD at 20%), doctor said it was progressed enough to have started on active duty. I'm thinking 10%.

5. Lumbar spine arthritis-Recent x-ray shows DDD and arthritis. See (thoracic) above. Probably combined with above. 10% total, unless ROM is the issue, graded accordingly combined with thoracic.

6. Acquired psychiatric disorder to include obsessive compulsive disorder-Been seeing a VA councilor for 4 months after ocd comments from family and coworkers. We'll see on this one. No clue?

Currently at 65 rounded to 70, so I would have to hit a 20 and a 10, or three 10's for a increase in compensation. Probably won't hit that, however, it would be good to get some of these SC'd for the future if I were to have complication in these areas, etc.

Thanks,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Had my C&P today. It was for two issues. Increase to left shoulder (arthritis) and new claim for lower back pain (arthritis). I believe my other claim issues have been completed and are awaiting these two claims.

I believe I may have some traction regards the left shoulder and lower back as my eBenifits had went all the way to the rater and then was sent back for evidence, i.e. the C&P. I believe they may have SC'd both and then sent back so that they would rate my range of motion.

The exam went well I believe.

The NP did both my shoulders for comparisons and I don't think I will ge a increase as my left is pretty flexible as compared to my right and I already get 10% for it. I believe they will be adding arthritis to the left shoulder, however only 10 and no stacking, so 10 will be it. But you never know.

The back now, that is a different story. It will be interesting to see what measurements she got as she did use a meter and she did make me repeat each move three times. So I think she did it correctly. I would say my flexing forward was limited and my bending backwards was very limited. Side to side was not much, but I don't know what she is seeing on the meter.

The best part was the twisting. Were you keep your hips straight and rotate your upper body. I don't think I even moved (couldn't move) and she said again, again, ok, good. I can't believe her protractor (meter) even moved. But again, I don't know what she saw.

Should be interesting.

Oh, and they took about a dozen x-rays.

Anyway, thanks for caring. She said the results should take about 2 months.

We'll see,

Hamslice

Ok, took another step back today, now at "Gathering of Evidence". However, there is some more content.

"This is a list of all items that have been requested from 3rd parties"

"IRMT"

Can someone please tell me what IRMT is? It was requested today, and has a suspence of 7-28-2012.

Thanks for your help,

Hamslice

"IRMT"

Can someone please tell me what IRMT is? It was requested today, and has a suspence of 7-28-2012.

Thanks for your help,

Hamslice

My first stab at it would be:

back exam rec'd from iron mountain VAMC

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Ok, took another step back today, now at "Gathering of Evidence". However, there is some more content.

"IRMT"

Thanks for your help,

Hamslice

My claim is kind of like yours, put in for a bunch of things back in 2-10, including my Back, Knees. I stayed in Gathering Evidence for almost 2 years, and one day it was moved to Preparing for Decision, and I thought things might be moving. Wrong. Went back to Gathering Evidence, and I received a letter from the Houston RO that they want a third party to examine me for my current condition. They did not say what condition. So, I called the Case Management people in DC, and the local VA Benefits people. Soon after I got an actual call from the VA telling me that the examine was for my Back, Knees and Legs. I ask him did the VA finally accept thed fact that I injured my Back in the service in 1969, and he said yes, that it was pretty clear. Kind of funny that I

put in several claims and appeals for over 40 years, the the denial was the same "No Record lof Back Injury" during military. You, like me will most likely be going to another C&P. I did one this past Monday at QTC. Wish you the best.

Papa