Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claims Posted To Ebenifits 9 19 11

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

All,

My previous claims were completed a couple of months ago and then I requested and received a copy of my medical records from the VA hospital where I go for everything and did some reading. I am claiming five issues that I found in the record and one just because I can. Comment on any, suggestions, and wish me luck.

1. Left shoulder condition-they took x-rays of both shoulders for my right shoulder increase and said I should request addition of arthritis for my left shoulder. Already 10% left shoulder for tendinopothy, so combined not stacked, probably no increase.

2. Plantar's warts-C&P examiner recommended that I claim this as I had them removed twice while on active duty and once since I left service, right foot only. Hoping for 10%.

3. Hemorrhoids-Just had my 50 year short colonoscopy, doctor commented on my having internal and external hemorrhoids, with history of such. No issues at this time, just would like service connection. Probably 0%.

4. Thoracic spine arthritis-Recent x-ray shows DDD/DJD and arthritis. Same thing showed up on my neck (DDD at 20%), doctor said it was progressed enough to have started on active duty. I'm thinking 10%.

5. Lumbar spine arthritis-Recent x-ray shows DDD and arthritis. See (thoracic) above. Probably combined with above. 10% total, unless ROM is the issue, graded accordingly combined with thoracic.

6. Acquired psychiatric disorder to include obsessive compulsive disorder-Been seeing a VA councilor for 4 months after ocd comments from family and coworkers. We'll see on this one. No clue?

Currently at 65 rounded to 70, so I would have to hit a 20 and a 10, or three 10's for a increase in compensation. Probably won't hit that, however, it would be good to get some of these SC'd for the future if I were to have complication in these areas, etc.

Thanks,

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday 

• Answers 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That Pending Decision Approval usually is one giant big step forward!

Hopefully the end result will be a positive one!

Best regards,

Today, back another step to "Gathering Evidence", with another request for info from Iron Mountain. So, appearently they were preparing to notify me and must have found something that needed to be clarified (????).

Going backwards faster than forward. Should be back in the Army soon by the way this is going.

Ha,ha....

Hamslice

Update on my lattest claims;

Got the letter today,

-Thoracolumbar spine SC'd at 20%, I had hard evidence from service time on this. Expected and Happy.

-Left Shoulder, stayed the same at 10%, I figured this was the case. Expected.

-Hemmoroids, denied, I had nothing here. Expected.

-OCD, denied, shot in the dark. Expected.

-Plantar warts, deffered, C&P next Wednesday, I have hard evidence from service on this and currently have two more warts. I just don't know how they will rate this.

Was 65 rounded to 70, currently 72 rounded to 70, no change. Need 10% for Plantar Warts to make a move. I guess you could say I am at a hard 70 now.

Hamslice