Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ischemic Heart Disease Ao

Rate this topic

john6012

I had hypertension chest pain while in the militaryin '84 and they did a Bruce Protocol Stress test that said, suggestive of very early coronary artery disease but not diagnostic. since then I've developed Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Cardiomyopathy, CAD without clinical basis (that means I don't have CAD according to the RO), abnorma left axis deviation and two episodes of syncope, shortness of breath and chest pain on occasion plus dizziness with moderate exetion. A recent Bruce test indicates I have dereased blood supply to my heart. I believe all this is SC and related due to the '84 entry in my service medical records. What is your opinion?

Thanks, John

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you service connected for the HTN? If so then with the LVH it most likely is secondary. Just get a Doc to opine. The EF is the Key. they use Mets f or VA purposes but the regs use Ejection Fraction which is your hearts strength measurement.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

"(that means I don't have CAD according to the RO)"

did they say that in a denial? Can you scan and post the denial here? (cover the personal stuff)

Sharon and Jbasser gave good advise.

Do you have a complete copy of your SMRs?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thank you both for your replies. yes, I am SC on the hypertension and the rest presumably follows I did file for heart condition when I left the service but it was denied and I let it drop. Now this Nemher think crops up so I'll see that it is addressed by an IMO within the next month. I have no doubt that the Cardiologist will present his opiniion in my favor since it is related. Thank you again, John

This date threw me off:

"I had hypertension chest pain while in the militaryin '84"

Did you serve in Vietnam?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use