Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Latest From Iris Via The Philadelphia Ro

Rate this question

pkelly4576

Question

Discussion Thread Response via Email Via Email (Department of Veterans Affairs)09/27/2011 08:47 AMDear Mr. Kelly:

Thank you for your inquiry. Your appeal is important to us and we hope this information is helpful to you.

Please be advised that the Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA) in Washington, DC made a decision on your appeal on September 15, 2011.

Once we receive your claims file in the Appeals Unit, we will process your appeal with a rating decision and notification letter.

You will receive a notification letter and a copy of the rating decision once the appeal is finalized.

Thank you for your patience during the appeals processing period.

So who made the decision on my claim the AMC or the Philly RO???? It is a Nehmer claim originally filed in 1994.

Coachchas

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

It takes a few months for the current cases to be listed on the BVA site.

Once a decision is made, then it goes to typing and quality control and well, it might be a few weeks or a couple of months. I hope for your sake, the sooner rather than the later.

I know all too well the angst of waiting for the decision.

Good Luck.

PKELLY,

What was your docket # , i ask because when i called in they said they are just starting 2010 appeals .Wondering when your appeal was started ! Possibly tell everybody here where the BVA is at now with appeals.

Sgt Sandman

07-15 557 a few of my appeals were at the AMC for remands which were on this docket. These items IHD die to agent orange have just now been rated.

PKELLY,

What was your docket # , i ask because when i called in they said they are just starting 2010 appeals .Wondering when your appeal was started ! Possibly tell everybody here where the BVA is at now with appeals.

Sgt Sandman

According to the PDF I post here yesterday on Nehmer, the VA has buggered up many Footnote one Nehmer claims already.

I did not trust the Buffalo RO to handle my Nehmer claim right.They sent it at first to the wrong VARO and then they lost it and then they say they found it.

When I found out my Nehmer claim and CUE went to Phila, I actually sent them the whole 9 yards again-as to the claim and the evidence.

I also sent them copies of my emails to and from NVLSP that had the references and quotes from the past BVA decision that put me under FOotnote One as well as my recent BVA decision that SCed my husband's additional malpracticed condition to AO.

I also quoted parts of the Nehmer Training Guide as to how they should handle my claim.

And I enclosed as well my lawywer's contact info and the beneficiary info in event I die before they get my claim finished.

I was pretty ticked off to read the info Colonel sent via email- and have not had time to reach Bob Walsh as to his comments.

What the VA can screw up-they Will definitely screw up-