VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nehmir Review

Rate this question

RDT

Question

Received this email today and wanted to see if there was another option. I believe the retro amount was wrong.

Unfortunately, the Court's Orders only permit NVLSP to complain to the Nehmer

Court about certain issues, such as the effective date assigned by the VA. Issues including the accuracy of the rating percentage assigned by the VA are outside the Nehmer Court's authority, and thus beyond the scope of NVLSP's representation. However, the rating percentage can be challenged through the normal VA appeal process (filing a Notice of Disagreement, submitting a Substantive Appeal, etc.) with the assistance of your VSO

RDT

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The only option is to appeal, unfortunately, one way or another. Can you explain why you think that the retro amount is not correct?

It is possible to ask the VA for an audit, which might disclose clerical errors.

Remember that the VA hopes that you will just quietly take the retro and your monthly check, and basically "go away".

E-Benefits may have your VA payment records. Mine are limited to 2009 to present, even though the VA monthly checks started

years before 2009.

I'm glad that the Nehmer portions of my claim were more or less completed before the "hair splitting" began.

Edited by Chuck75

Thanks for the respond.

I did file an appeal on there decision.

They based there retro decision on medical from 2008/2009(paid retro 10%) and disreguarded the medical evident from 2000 and 2011,(should have paid retro at 60%).

Using the 2008/2009 there were able to pay the retro at 10% and not at 60%.

I will not go away and will fight for what is due.

RDT

RDT:

Can I ask where this email came from?

Do you have name of a contact person who sent it?

"Unfortunately, the Court's Orders only permit NVLSP to complain to the Nehmer

Court about certain issues, such as the effective date assigned by the VA. Issues including the accuracy of the rating percentage assigned by the VA are outside the Nehmer Court's authority, and thus beyond the scope of NVLSP's representation. However, the rating percentage can be challenged through the normal VA appeal process (filing a Notice of Disagreement, submitting a Substantive Appeal, etc.) with the assistance of your VSO"

Thanks for clarifying that.