Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Is Done?

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

The strangest thing happened today. I get a call from the 800# which my wife answered and said I need to call them. So I called and the rep said that phoenix called me however they didn't leave a message in the system what they were calling about.. She thought it was about an IRIS submitted the other day. Now we all know that doesn't happen for at least a week to a month.

1 hour later another call from the 800# and the rep said I got some good news for you. Your claim has been completed. I said -great, outstanding. He said some claims have been approved, others denied. However he can't open it up right now as it hasn't been scanned into the system. Also said the new site is a pilot, not sure if they are going to keep it.

So, according to this, e-benifits is totally worthless. Now I am in limbo with a possible heart attack wondering what the hell is going on.

Pehaps the cardio was approved as it was the cue from the VA which was raise my claim from 50-60, or 70%.

Why call if you can't give me the whole story. And the system letter generator is broken, it won't show none of this.:mellow:

Also, I just received an old iris message from October the 4th in my e-mail today which states-

Dear Mr.

This is in response to your recent inquiry to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) dated October 4, 2011.

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. We are currently experiencing a large volume of inquiries and are working as quickly as possible to respond to each in a timely manner.

Our system indicates that you may print a Veterans percentage letter on eBenefits. We apologize if there was an error when attempting to print this type of letter. If you have problems with eBenefits in the future, please contact our customer service line at 1-800-983-0937. Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8am to 8pm EST.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Great-where is this new letter % letter at as My new glasses certainly can't find it?

2 hours later the same VSO called back from Phoenix. He says they are now attempting to call the Veterans when there claim is approved. They are just waiting to sign off on my claim. I did get him to say they approved my cardio claim from 30-60 %. He said I will be pleasantly happy with my claim even if only a few claims are approved. If that is so, I would go from 50% to 70$ with retro from the date he gave me from Jan 2010. Now I will just wait for the authorization.

Another VSO will check to see that that are no errors, then approve it.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

• Answers 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

11 Days in the notification stage. I guess all is well as it hasn't been kicked back. National average is 16 days.

I got my envelope on Sat and they updated my profile percentage just as you said they would which reflected the correct amount. I'll post the information tomorrow and try to figure out what to do from the point. Hang in there, CB. :)

I got my envelope on Sat and they updated my profile percentage just as you said they would which reflected the correct amount. I'll post the information tomorrow and try to figure out what to do from the point. Hang in there, CB. :)

How long were you in the notification stage?-My hands and heart are shaking from the intense suspense thats getting ready to explode from within. I know its getting close. Still in notification this am. Where did they move that letter generator? Under the old site it was easy to find.

All it shows is the profile and-

Step 2: Select a letter from the following list.

Edited by COOL BREEZE

From my understanding the Letter Generator doesn't exist anymore. They never put it back up with the remodeling of the site.

I saw my percentage under the benefits explorer area and my profile was updated. It reflected the correct percentage in my letter. The notification stage for me lasted from Oct 12 until Oct 29 when I got my letter. However, mine had some issues so I think it took a little longer.

So the profile can be used as a poor substitute for the letter generator for your %. And then you can check the pay link for postings of possible pay debited to your account. I was told told that it could take up to 30 days for a senior rater to check the decision then mail it out. Some folks have that deposited within 3-5 days of the decision. Once it has been signed, the process moves more quickly. They have plenty of funds available currently.

Perhaps you only get the letter generator if they feel you need one. As some say they have it , and others not, it is on a case by case who gets it.

I am waiting on a response from IRIS to clarify this issue.

Edited by COOL BREEZE