Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Service Records

Rate this question

mojo13

Question

Can any one tell me if asking for my Medical service records from the 800 ppl delay my claim I have in for 7months now. do they pull my claim out of line and I go to bottom???? thank you all

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

You can't ask for your medical records from the 1-800 peopld (VA hotline?). You get your records from the civilian treatment facilities, your unit, or if its been a long time, from NPRC in St. Louis. You can request your VA file from VA, but you have to do it in writing and it can take some time-months for some. If you request your claim file in the midst of a claim I would think that it would delay your claim if they did the copying first. If they waited to finish the claim before copying you could be waiting a while, and not have the information you are looking for.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

You have to send in a 4138 and ask for them from your C-file and not it will not slow down your claim them them you need them for your claim.

Can any one tell me if asking for my Medical service records from the 800 ppl delay my claim I have in for 7months now. do they pull my claim out of line and I go to bottom???? thank you all

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

Starting about 1996 the DoD was sending the SMR

In the 1990s, the military services discontinued the practice of filing health records with the personnel record portion at the NPRC. In 1992, the Army began retiring most of its former members' health records to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Over the next six years, the other services followed suit:

Branch Status Health Record to VA Army Discharged, retired, or separated from any component October 16, 1992 Navy Discharged, retired, or separated from any component January 31, 1994 Air Force Discharged, retired, or separated from Active Duty

Discharged or retired from Reserves or National Guard May 1, 1994

June 1, 1994 Marine Corps Discharged, retired, or separated from any component May 1, 1994 Coast Guard Discharged, retired, or separated from Active Duty - Reservists with 90 days active duty for training April 1, 1998 After the dates listed above, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Records Management Center, in St. Louis, MO, became responsible for maintaining active duty health records and managing their

You can't ask for your medical records from the 1-800 peopld (VA hotline?). You get your records from the civilian treatment facilities, your unit, or if its been a long time, from NPRC in St. Louis. You can request your VA file from VA, but you have to do it in writing and it can take some time-months for some. If you request your claim file in the midst of a claim I would think that it would delay your claim if they did the copying first. If they waited to finish the claim before copying you could be waiting a while, and not have the information you are looking for.

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook

Cant you wait for the decision and then ask for str's. From reading this sight and my experience it Will sliw down your claim because your file will have to be pulled and str's copied. It would seem logical to wait for the decision and then ask for the str's. You haveone year to file for reconsideration from the decision. Jmho

Thanks, Gulf, I assumed they all went to the same place in St. Louis, and from your post it sounds like they don't.

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)