Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Advice

Rate this question

shawn30

Question

Chronic Kidney Stones, Loss of Testicles, Tinnitus, and SMC for loss creative organ. 60% total.

0% - Chronic Epididymitis - orchitis

0% - Inguinal nerve damage

0% - Inguinal Scarring

0% - Scrotum Scarring

I have been going to mental health for nearly a year now for chronic pain related issues. After several sessions I was told that I have PTSD and depression from in-service stressors. I have a current GAF score of 60. More recently I have re-injured a back injury that was denied from original my claim back in 2002. I have two slipped vertebrae (spondylolisthesis) and a herniated disk.

I filed for chronic adjustment disorder and I filed for re-consideration of my original back injury that was denied. I have been on continuous narcotics and nerve pain meds through the VA for a year now. I have not had any C&P exams scheduled yet but I would like to know any information I should know beforehand. thank you in advance....

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Chronic Kidney Stones, Loss of Testicles, Tinnitus, and SMC for loss creative organ. 60% total.

0% - Inguinal Scarring

0% - Scrotum Scarring

I have been going to mental health for nearly a year now for chronic pain related issues. After several sessions I was told that I have PTSD and depression from in-service stressors. I have a current GAF score of 60. More recently I have re-injured a back injury that was denied from original my claim back in 2002. I have two slipped vertebrae (spondylolisthesis) and a herniated disk.

I filed for chronic adjustment disorder and I filed for re-consideration of my original back injury that was denied. I have been on continuous narcotics and nerve pain meds through the VA for a year now. I have not had any C&P exams scheduled yet but I would like to know any information I should know beforehand. thank you in advance....

I'd file asap then make an appointment to get officially diagnosed. <<< For me it was some test with a social worker then test with the doctor that gives you pills.

have you seen the doc's recently for your back? why was it denied originally? if you injured it in service it should have been SC'ed. when you go to your c&p you need to let them know all of this and be honest with them. for the physical c&p - explain the pain levels and the function of what you can and can't do on a daily basis. as far as the mental - it should be like the worst day of your life when you go and there. be your self. say what your life is like on a daily basis. what you suffer from, how it changes your life. if you are depressed, if you are anxious. what your thoughts are. they will ask you all kinds of questions. focus on the questions. if you don't know what they are asking - say so. if the examiner makes you uncomfortable - say so and why. try and be as percise as you can. don't go off on a rant or off topic. just stick to the facts of what he or she is asking that pertains to YOUR CASE. hope that helps! we are all in the same boat....

0% - Inguinal Scarring

0% - Scrotum Scarring

Yes, I have been in physical therapy since June. It was denied originally because the VA said that it was not chronic in nature. My claim has been in since December 2010 and I still haven't had any type of C&P appointment. Thank you for the advice.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, I have been in physical therapy since June. It was denied originally because the VA said that it was not chronic in nature.

Did you file a NOD on the back.....If it was hurt in service and the medical shows such, this will be a SC'd injury even if it is rated at 0%. This might be an Aflack moment, and you need to CUE the duck.

No I didn't file NOD. After 9 years, I re-filed with new and material medical evidence last month and asked for re-consideration.

This was the same thing I did for my kidney stones. I was originally denied in 2002 for the stones but after years of recurrent stones I re-filed with new evidence and was granted a 30% rating with 8 years of retroactive pay.

Also, I am a federal employee and I re-injured my back at work and filed for workers' comp. two weeks ago. I'm currently on medical restriction with admin and light duty at work.