Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Ptsd, No Dental?

Rate this question

strykergrunt

Question

Is the eligibility office correct or just being lazy? Is there some kind of loop hole? I thought I was eligable for any VA healthcare. They said since I'm temporarily rated and still have future exams I don't qualify?

My anxiety leads me to grind my teeth, so its connected to my SC PTSD.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Its been my understanding that 100% means Dental is included.You should appeal any decision that does not allow dental.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

They are misreading the temporary rating. Go see the patient advocate and ask the RO to fax you a letter that you are entitled to dental.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

You ARE eligible for dental.I am not P and T, and I have an expensive wisdom teeth operation coming up at the end of January.

"Veterans paid at the 100% rate based on a temporary rating, such as extended hospitalization for a service-connected disability, convalescence or pre-stabilization are not eligible for comprehensive outpatient dental services based on this temporary rating'

That gibberish was linked, but that's what the temporary stuff is. 100 percent scheduled isn't that. Yes, I become 100 percent if I live at the hospital for 21 days, and yes if I have knee surgery I get 100 percent for one year but the dental office my not give my the dental services.

You are entitled to dental services. I will post the information on how to get a copy of the Healthcare Eligibility Book which delineates the reality we now exist in.