OIF VET 844

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

VA doesn't usually make appt's unless you apply. If you haven't applied then I believe the VA may have sent the letter in error, by confusing you with another vet, perhaps w/the same name. You do need to be service connected to receive Voc Rehab.

pr

Thanks for your reply, the letter states that i have been referred by one of the VA care-givers for an assessment by the Voc-Rehab staff. It also asks for me to bring in a paper copy of my recent work history and/or hand written resume...is this procedure? (my claim is still pending)

VA doesn't usually make appt's unless you apply. If you haven't applied then I believe the VA may have sent the letter in error, by confusing you with another vet, perhaps w/the same name. You do need to be service connected to receive Voc Rehab.

pr

I had an Air Force buddy that was granted Chapter 31 - VRE benefits, prior to a rating decision granting ANY SC at all.I remembered the papers read it was due to an administrative memorandum ratingfor VRE purposes.

Here's the closest thing I could find - it's froM M28.

HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE.

http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/M28.asp

Scroll down to : Part 4 - Chapter 31 Case Management

Click on :

Subpt ii - Application ProcessingChapter 1 - Application Processing and Basic Entitlement/Eligibility Determinations Overview, Last Updated 11/14/06

VR&E Division Employee or Veterans Service Center Employee

Receives and processes formal claims

responds to informal claims

obtains additional information from the veteran, when necessary

enters data into and retrieves information from the Benefits Delivery Network (BDN) and Corporate Case Management System (CWINRS)

generates a Chapter 31general eligibility determination (GED) printout, and

verifies disability and memorandum ratings.

Hey thanks Carlie for the information..I really don't know what to make of this I'm just going to the appointment on the set date!

I had an Air Force buddy that was granted Chapter 31 - VRE benefits, prior to a rating decision granting ANY SC at all.I remembered the papers read it was due to an administrative memorandum ratingfor VRE purposes. Here's the closest thing I could find - it's froM M28. HOPE IT HELPS SOMEONE.

http://www.benefits....v/warms/M28.asp

Scroll down to : Part 4 - Chapter 31 Case Management

Click on :

Subpt ii - Application ProcessingChapter 1 - Application Processing and Basic Entitlement/Eligibility Determinations Overview, Last Updated 11/14/06

VR&E Division Employee or Veterans Service Center Employee

Receives and processes formal claims

responds to informal claims

obtains additional information from the veteran, when necessary

enters data into and retrieves information from the Benefits Delivery Network (BDN) and Corporate Case Management System (CWINRS)

generates a Chapter 31general eligibility determination (GED) printout, and

verifies disability and memorandum ratings.

Yep be one up on them...go to the appt, take what yu have with you, maybe they will offer you this training before the claim?? wonders never cease with the VA. Cart before the horse here? Who knows. Don't ever miss appointments they set up for you.

I concur. Even tho you may not have received a decision on your disabilitie(s), that does not mean the VA may not have made one but wanted still another reason to deny, so they did not mail it out. The decision maker could be like, well, he is probably unemployable due to SC conditions, but I want to hear that from Voc Rehab before I award that.

Go to your Voc Rehab appointment, by all means.

I think the Va is, more and more, wanting a Voc Rehab assessment before they dole out IU awards, so it could well be they are considering you for this.

Again, JMHO.