Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Carlie, Could You Please Take A Look At This

Rate this question

bm6546

Question

Carlie,

I would appreciate it if you would please look at this and tell me what you think. I know you deal a lot with claims that involve a CUE.

I would like your take on this.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

post-1646-0-84271800-1321587176_thumb.jp

post-1646-0-79002700-1321587188_thumb.jp

post-1646-0-22535900-1321587199_thumb.jp

• Answers 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Wings and Hoppy,

They diagnosed his heart condition under the DC 7012 or DC 7013 back in 1972. I was diagnosed with DC 7013.

"When the RO decided to reduce his rating, the veteran's heart disorder was evaluated in part under 38 C.F.R. § 4.104, Diagnostic Code 7012 (1972), which indicated a 10 percent rating was to be assigned for permanent auricular fibrillation. And 10 percent was the only rating assignable under that diagnostic code provision. His disability, alternatively, could have been evaluated under Code 7010 for paroxysmal auricular flutter - which, in turn, was rated as paroxysmal tachycardia under Code 7013. And a 10 percent rating under Code 7013 required infrequent attacks. Code 7011, for paroxysmal auricular fibrillation, also referenced Code 7013 for paroxysmal tachycardia, so also warranted a 10 percent rating for infrequent attacks."

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings,

I am not 100% sure if the VA doc prescribed the metoprolol for my PAT or my other heart condition. I have sent away for all my medical records up in Reno. They are telling me that it could take from 20 to 30 days to get these records. I may have to drive to Reno and get them quicker.

I need these records before I can send away for my IMO.

Brian

Brian, The fact that you do not know or don't remeber suggests that your symptoms overlap and intertwine; in other words, you know you take the medicine for your heart condirion --regardless of what the doctor's have labelled the disease entitiy or process. I think this is what the BVA has said, in so many words. I get my med records from Reno in a week's time ;-) ~Wings

Edited by Wings

Brian, The fact that you do not know or don't remeber suggests that your symptoms overlap and intertwine; in other words, you know you take the medicine for your heart condirion --regardless of what the doctor's have labelled the disease entitiy or process. I think this is what the BVA has said, in so many words. I get my med records from Reno in a week's time ;-) ~Wings

Wings,

At this point, I don't really know what symtoms I have relate to which heart condition. I am not even sure the prescribed medicine I take and which heart condition they are for. They tell me to take them and I do. Isn't that sad !!

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings,

At this point, I don't really know what symtoms I have relate to which heart condition. I am not even sure the prescribed medicine I take and which heart condition they are for. They tell me to take them and I do. Isn't that sad !!

In your case, I think you are better served by just reporting your medical symptoms, as they relate to your heart, and your anxiety as it relates to your SC heart condition. Please don't be shy about telling your treatment providers exactly how you feel, and stop saying "Wonderful, thank you" LOL. But do get your medical records and read them. You need to take good care of yourself --so you can win your VA claim!

"Wings,

I am not 100% sure if the VA doc prescribed the metoprolol for my PAT or my other heart condition. I have sent away for all my medical records up in Reno. They are telling me that it could take from 20 to 30 days to get these records. I may have to drive to Reno and get them quicker.

Brian "

Yes, they are critical to your claim as well as any past SOCs,SSOC regarding these conditions as well as any C & P opinions from the VA.

The IMO criteria is here at hadit and I prepared this by using my IMOs from Dr. Bash.

As a former VA doctor himself, he knew exactly how to prepare my IMOs.

Although he is a NeuroRadiologist he was also able to opinion on my husband's heart disease as well as his neurological disability based on the type of opinion I needed.

I sent him all medical records as well as SOCs, SSOC, copies of VA C & P opinions, and other evidence he needed with a cover letter in which I identified tabbed records in the stack that were very crucial to my claim.

I don't now if you have contacted Dr. Bash for an IMO and dont know if he could opinion solely on the cardio focus of your claim and he might be able to assess a brief email from you to decide if e could.

I also suggested about a week ago here to contact http://www.legalmed1.com/ as they can provide you with a cardiologist.

I didnt need the Cardio opinion I requested from them but I was very pleased with their professional way of handling my IMO request, their contacts with me, and the cardio doctor they referred me to had, like Dr. Bash, a superb medical background.

Edited by Berta

"Wings,

Brian "

Yes, they are critical to your claim as well as any past SOCs,SSOC regarding these conditions as well as any C & P opinions from the VA.

The IMO criteria is here at hadit and I prepared this by using my IMOs from Dr. Bash.

As a former VA doctor himself, he knew exactly how to prepare my IMOs.

Although he is a NeuroRadiologist he was also able to opinion on my husband's heart disease as well as his neurological disability based on the type of opinion I needed.

I sent him all medical records as well as SOCs, SSOC, copies of VA C & P opinions, and other evidence he needed with a cover letter in which I identified tabbed records in the stack that were very crucial to my claim.

I don't now if you have contacted Dr. Bash for an IMO and dont know if he could opinion solely on the cardio focus of your claim and he might be able to assess a brief email from you to decide if e could.

I also suggested about a week ago here to contact http://www.legalmed1.com/ as they can provide you with a cardiologist.

I didnt need the Cardio opinion I requested from them but I was very pleased with their professional way of handling my IMO request, their contacts with me, and the cardio doctor they referred me to had, like Dr. Bash, a superb medical background.

Berta,

I contacted Pete De Boisblanc at Legalmed1 and he referred me to Dr Campos. I talked to Jenny, at Dr Campos's office, several times and sent a bunch of stuff to her. She said she would make sure Dr Campos received it but have not heard back from him yet.

I also talked to Arthur Fine at Medical Opinions Assoc and he wants me to send my SMR and he will give it to a doctor who can do an IMO for me. They charge $1900 for an IMO. I am in the process of gathering all my paperwork to send to him. But, I am waiting for my medical records from Reno VA hospital before I can send the paperwork.

I sent an e-mail to Dr Bash but only received an auto e-mail back to me telling me he would contact me. Nothing yet.

I'm working on it...takes a lot of time and effort, but I am 100% certain it will pay off for me.

Thanks for your help...Brian