Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Month Coming To A Close

Rate this question

Rob m

Question

I post this with hopes vets will not count on money due to them from the VA to help solve their problems or help pay their bills. I was awarded 80% in July 2011 and here it is nearly Dec 2011 and I have yet to see one penny. I check the VA payment (Ebenefits site) daily and there has not been any payments so far (nothing has been lost in the mail). While I do hope to get a retro one day, I caution anyone who receives an award letter.

Please do not make plans for the money, spend money you do not have and do anything drastic thinking (It will be ok, I have $x,xxx due to me each month).

I read payment should be about 15 days or so, i'm on day 125 and have squat.

Yes, I called the 1-800 number, no help there,

Until you have money in hand, be carefull and do not make hard plans

Thanks

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

That is terrible. I hope they get it squared away soon. 125 days to cut a check, unbelievable. Let the person responsible for getting the check out the door go for 125 days without being paid. It would move much faster then.

I post this with hopes vets will not count on money due to them from the VA to help solve their problems or help pay their bills. I was awarded 80% in July 2011 and here it is nearly Dec 2011 and I have yet to see one penny. I check the VA payment (Ebenefits site) daily and there has not been any payments so far (nothing has been lost in the mail). While I do hope to get a retro one day, I caution anyone who receives an award letter.

Please do not make plans for the money, spend money you do not have and do anything drastic thinking (It will be ok, I have $x,xxx due to me each month).

I read payment should be about 15 days or so, i'm on day 125 and have squat.

Yes, I called the 1-800 number, no help there,

Until you have money in hand, be carefull and do not make hard plans

Thanks

Rob m,

This is an excellent post !

I believe if I were in your same situation I would be going to my VARO in person.

That is, if I had a copy of that rating decision in my hand that granted the 80%.

By chance - do you owe VBA any funds ?

JMHO

No, I do not owe them any money, in fact I did get a $32 check from the VA for medicine reimbursement (I think when you are 50% or more your medicine is free). That $32 check tells me they know I am above 50% so why can't they send me money for my 80% service connected disability???

Hard to understand.

Was there not a court case where the VA held off paying the vet?

No, I do not owe them any money, in fact I did get a $32 check from the VA for medicine reimbursement (I think when you are 50% or more your medicine is free). That $32 check tells me they know I am above 50% so why can't they send me money for my 80% service connected disability???

Hard to understand.

Yes- you are right and I forget what Case.

It was about a BVA partial award and the VARO stalled and stalled on the money for the partial awarded amount.

I need to think about it and it will come to my mind.

I think this crap is TERRIBLE! and uncalled for.

As you all know- it took the VARO about 8-9 months for them to pay me when I won at the BVA.

I was livid because , although it was a very unusual situation (they owed me a FTCA offset because I had proven direct SC death) I sent them the exact regulations that said they had to pay me and even an old BVA decision I had that said if I ever succeeded in direct SC the FTCA offset would have to be refunded to me.

The VARO refused to send the money, so I got on the Regional Counsel and he said he couldn't do anything about it, so I got n the General COunsel lawyers- and got a runaround at first but

I know when I am right and they finally go some top honcho from OGC to send a letter to my RO with the exact same regs I had sent them.

Then I got my money.

This stuff should NOT happen.

Do you have a vet rep?

Have you filed an Iris Inquiry but as a complaint and not as a status request?

If you tell me what VARO this is I might have some desk phone numbers.

Rob M,

I had a large retro last year that took 105 days from decision to payment. I can only imagine things are even more backed up now.

I usually don't advocate for people getting thier congress critter involved, but it you don't have something in hand by January. I would probably ask for an inquiry from my rep or sen.

Best regards,