Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

No Envelope Yet...but

Rate this topic

etcm

I just checked the eBenefits site and it indicated my CUE is CLOSED and Appeal Possible? - Yes. The Benefits Explorer check indicated 60% (which is up from the 30% I had before the claim. Data: Oct 1996, service connected for sleep apnea, letter said there was no rating code for sleep apnea and assigned a similar code at 10%. The 1996 letter even said that I was prescribed and had a CPAP.

Submitted CUE to assign sleep apnea rating at 50% per the new law (effective OCT1996, before my rating was initially made) as well as requests for increases in back and sinus issues.

14APR2010 - CUE/claim submitted to Indianapolis VARO

9AUG2010 -C&P's conducted and claim in "Development"

03NOV2011-claim to Decision phase

23NOV2011- claim to Notification

30NOV2011-claim closed. (595 days)...but no letter.

No letter as to whether the CUE for an earlier date at OCT 1996 was granted but at least they bumped the rating percentage up to the 50% that it should. The poor back is screaming and yet it must still be at 10% though. I figured that based on the ROM numbers I read on the C&P results. Number that were fabricated because I did not even come close to the numbers I read.

But for now, I am >50% and can start the CRDP and stop paying the high co-pays on my VA mailed prescriptions.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Received letter dated 01DEC2011 saying my CUE to assign sleep apnea rating at 50% from 01NOV1996 was approved. This was really not a "hard" claim as the law changed before they made my original rating and the rater did not know that it had changed. As this was just about pre-internet, it was not like I knew the CFR had changed, so I did not appeal then. The original rater identified that I had sleep apnea as service related with the CPAP but then said there was no rating code for it so he was assigning a related code at 10%.

Case opened 14APR2010 - a regular claim at Indianapolis VARO.

VA Letter dated: 01DEC2011(595 days) can you say "backlog "

Now I get to wait for DFAS audit, DFAS back pay, VA back pay, refiling 2008, 2009, 2010 federal income taxes, and go on a cruise next monthglasses.gif

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use