Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Where Is The Retro?

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

Just received 2 deposits from the VA today. One for my regular 50 % pay, and a 2nd one for the extra 538 for the difference. Now I am wondering where is the retro? Do they no longer give retro!. Last time they gave me the retro first, and about a week later they gave me the difference. I am a little confused on how or what happened here. Since I am still on vacation out of town I'll have to wait to see the letter. I believe they owe me 22 months retro. The claim was decided in 20th October, Letter was mailed out last Saturday, and somehow they expediated sending the difference instead of just adding the amount to the regular amount.

I guess I will go ahead and change my profile to 70% shortly since I am now being paid as such.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Actually the VA just sent a letter to the military to see if they owe me any money. Then they re-calculate for back pay till Feb 2010. So meantime they just started paying me the 70 % now as they don't pay ahead, thus paid me for November as claim was decided in October. That was very nice of them. If your are getting retired military pay, it takes longer to get any retro. One additional step!

I'm still learning about this system, but I have to ask ; if one is receiving retirement pay why does this impact how timely retro pay is paid out? It seems the more post I read I become more frustrated about this process. I'm only 10 months into my initial claim and I can't even get a logical response from IRIS.

I'm still learning about this system, but I have to ask ; if one is receiving retirement pay why does this impact how timely retro pay is paid out? It seems the more post I read I become more frustrated about this process. I'm only 10 months into my initial claim and I can't even get a logical response from IRIS.

Thanks for the info, now I have another topic to look up (CDRP). I am anticipating a rating between 50 and 70 percent, however it is great to read the various post to become more knowledgeable and receive a dose of reality.

Thanks again