VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Medication And Rules

Rate this topic

Went to VA hospital yesterday to question about getting the lyrica drug and the Doctor said NO,

But if you get appointment with Mental Health department and they can get the lyrica drug. So I set up a appointment with that department.

The lady ask why I needed to come in, and i told her to get lyrica, she said fine.

Now that makes no sense at all. My Primary DOC can not, but another department can?????blink.png If I have to be a Mental case, than so be it!

On my cancer drugs, I will need to talk to the Oncology group to get a drug call ZYTIGA. I have to get letter from M D Anderson cancer center.

The Provenge cancer medicine $300K is not even on their scope. For my Insurance to cover it, my cost out pocket is $13,000.

VA can not spent that kind of money on just one Veteran. Maybe if i was a Congressman or senator, maybe a General! They would get the drug.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I thought my meds were high! Something wrong that these are soooo expensive, but if you need them to live, the VA should get them for you.

Went to VA hospital yesterday to question about getting the lyrica drug and the Doctor said NO,

But if you get appointment with Mental Health department and they can get the lyrica drug. So I set up a appointment with that department.

The lady ask why I needed to come in, and i told her to get lyrica, she said fine.

Now that makes no sense at all. My Primary DOC can not, but another department can?????blink.png If I have to be a Mental case, than so be it!

On my cancer drugs, I will need to talk to the Oncology group to get a drug call ZYTIGA. I have to get letter from M D Anderson cancer center.

The Provenge cancer medicine $300K is not even on their scope. For my Insurance to cover it, my cost out pocket is $13,000.

VA can not spent that kind of money on just one Veteran. Maybe if i was a Congressman or senator, maybe a General! They would get the drug.

test only to see if this posts.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

The first thing to do is find out if a drug is on the VA's pharmicopia list. If so, then it's possible to have it prescribed. If not, you would have to get a VA physician to "jump through hoops" in order to get the VA to provide it. The VA is obgliated to provide pharmacopia drugs under the veterans drug act.

(Something in the new forum software has killed my spelling checker!)

Edited by Chuck75

recieve receive <==== doesn't work for me either

spell checker - RIP

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA can get you the drugs by hook or by crook. Pain clinic said I could not get cymbalta but I got it from mental health . I also got lyrica. You doctor has to justify it but some of these doctors are just too lazy or don't want to rock the boat.