Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% To Iu

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

On e-benefits my claim for IU has finally went to the under review which is after the claim received statues. How long does a claim for IU take?

I'm still trying to get better and been really tempted to try the temp services again for work, but I been told that one day of work would mess up my IU claim and that I need to stop and think about if it is worth trying to work at a temp service and passing on IU.

After thinking about it I feel that IU is my best course of action. What would you guys and gals do? Work when you can or go for IU? My last job was over a year ago and couldn't get myself to walk through the doors to work.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I got my decision letter on my PTSD claim saying they'd rated me 70%. In the packet was the form to file for TDIU, which I did right away, same as you.

When I got the decision about TDIU (just about 6 months later) I got retro'd the difference clear back to the original filing date of my PTSD claim.

Did I answer what you were asking?

Yes. Thank you very much.

Called 800# and they said it could take 70 days for them to make a decision. Of course this is their standard answer. All I know is they better not send it back to the development phase like they did for my original PTSD claim.

Well still waiting on a decision. I got a call from Social Security and I have to send pay stubs from wife and proof of my VA pay. The lady said I make to much to get SSDI but I will be paid for the five months before I started getting 80%. IDK how much it will be since it my 30% for those months and my wife's income will take away from the monthly pay.

Since I was approved SSDI I see no reason for the VA to deny me IU or 100% for PTSD now.

I hope you are mis-quoting the lady from Social Security.

There are no income limitations or restrictions for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits. There are income limitations for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.

Well still waiting on a decision. I got a call from Social Security and I have to send pay stubs from wife and proof of my VA pay. The lady said I make to much to get SSDI but I will be paid for the five months before I started getting 80%. IDK how much it will be since it my 30% for those months and my wife's income will take away from the monthly pay.

Since I was approved SSDI I see no reason for the VA to deny me IU or 100% for PTSD now.

So i got a letter from social security that had a temp password and for me to register at socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices.

I did and on there it says:

Payment type: Disability

Payment amount: 816.00 Every 3rd Wen.

So I guess this is SSDI.