Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Direct Deposit Returned

Rate this question

mdb72388

Question

Hey everyone I checked today on my direct deposit that was rejected from my closed account.. saw my money was returned, the va told me they dont know how long till it comes back because the check tracing... anyone know how long an estimate? he told me they dont take longer than 2 weeks and if i dont have it by monday to call again. just curious in need of my $ for finances

it was issued Jan 30th 2012, I did the check trace Feb 2nd 2012.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I called the Va I got a really nice lady she called Treasury and they said the funds have been redistributed I should have it in the next 48 hours, but her system doesnt have a deposit date... dont they know of a transaction a few days before?? do u think it'll be longer?

oh yeah she said treasury had it resent the feb 7th 2012.

so it was origanally sent 1/30/2012 they recieved it 2/2/2012 and treasury reissued it 2/7/2012 so she said it'd be there in 48 hours (but can't see any deposit information) but when I called for other benefit info they had deposit info 5-6 days before it went to my account, does anyone know?

Once the Treasury Department sends it, then your bank will have to post it as being received. Like they said should be 3 to 5 days. The bank does not like to give out information about pending deposits but it should be there real soon.

biggrin.png

My bank down here in good ole friendly east Texas has no problem with letting me know when I have my Ssd coming through. I suggest calling tomorrow after lunch and Friday. I know how important this is for you...

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

treasury issued it the 7th, but the va is who it goes threw and seeing how it's not showing in their system I wont believe her 48hour theory.. i hope its here before Saturday cause I dont think they'd deposit on a weekend.