VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clarification On What It Takes To Close A Claim!

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

Good Evening My HADITeers! Finally got my C-File today after 5 requests and10 months. Inside of it I got another letter from head honcho of Portland stating that this was my C-File and that I couldn't use this material and that I needed new evidence to reopen my claim.They sent my FIRST denial in October 2011 and I quickly sent them my NOD the first of Nov 2011 and requested a DRO hearing. This is the second letter that they have used this terminology. Am I not correct in thinking that my claim remains open till I either get a final BVA/CAVC denial or if I miss a deadline to file something? And doesn't all my evidence stay good until I screwup and my claim gets closed? They kept trying to tell my EX- congress critter VA Rep that I need to get new info to reopen my claim. ( Not only did I fire the Rep, but so did the Congress critter.lol I guess telling him that his rep couldn't serve two masters at once and he was choosing the VA over me. Also that I would do everything in my power to make sure He didn't get re-elected this year!) lol Anyway, before I jump down this senior VA honcho throat, I want to make sure I am in the right. It was funny to see that 80% of what they had in my file is what I sent them.My file number on top of each page was the clue. Finally got to see my first denial. It was flakey but it is real.My mental files were not in my records tho old or new. Found a supposed surgery in there they said I had but it is false.After they screwed me on my last colonoscopy, no way could they get me to take another one from them. I ordered some more records last week that should clear that up. That or they drugged me and did it without me knowing about it.lol I had a surgery done a year later for a tethered bowel.I rechecked date to make sure they didn't do it then. You know two surgeries for the price of one. I think the fake surgery was to show no mental damage from the botched one if I agreed to another one after that. But I didn't!! My lying PCP from before forgot to tell me about another growth on last half of my thyroid.(AO is good fertilizer for producing thyroid nodules) My thyroid was producing so much bad stuff, I blame it for my heart attack and getting DM2. new growth has my windpipe pushed way over to the right. No wonder my CPAP burps itself during the night.lol Ok, enough babble, am I right that my evidence is still good? Thank you once again for your wisdom!! Mike

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well Buddy this is the best I can do! Maybe with a little photoshop you can pass as one of them!!! LOL

Will let the Haditeers guess which one you might be!! lol Mike PS Only pic of anyone with a cast and of course they had to have two people to choose from. Of course I know which flavor you are!! *wink* Mike

Cooter.pdf

Well Buddy this is the best I can do! Maybe with a little photoshop you can pass as one of them!!! LOL

Will let the Haditeers guess which one you might be!! lol Mike PS Only pic of anyone with a cast and of course they had to have two people to choose from. Of course I know which flavor you are!! *wink* Mike

WOW...There I is!!..Damn I wish I had bought one of them yearbooks..I'll give the Hadit folks a little clue which one I am....> The handsome one <...LOL..Can't wait to hear the feedback on that one..LOL..Holy-cow Mike, when was that pic taken, 71 or 72?

Tell you what; We can use our memory's for "buddy statements" on some of this stuff. We both went thru the same BS over there. If you can PM me the pic with the 2 guys with the cast's, one of them I bet was me. Sounds like an idea to you?

Coot

ps...Cooter was a nickname given me when with the 82nd, and one of the brothers started calling me that cause I always watched the Andy Griffith show...I guess they thought I was a hillbilly from Arizona..LOL

WOW...There I is!!..Damn I wish I had bought one of them yearbooks..I'll give the Hadit folks a little clue which one I am....> The handsome one <...LOL..Can't wait to hear the feedback on that one..LOL..Holy-cow Mike, when was that pic taken, 71 or 72?

Tell you what; We can use our memory's for "buddy statements" on some of this stuff. We both went thru the same BS over there. If you can PM me the pic with the 2 guys with the cast's, one of them I bet was me. Sounds like an idea to you?

Coot

ps...Cooter was a nickname given me when with the 82nd, and one of the brothers started calling me that cause I always watched the Andy Griffith show...I guess they thought I was a hillbilly from Arizona..LOL

Sorry the picture is so fuzzy.The copy I made from the book was clear. For those with bad eyes, the other person with the cast is bottom row far right with the climbing spurs on.It is strange how small this world really is.On my way to Korea we stopped in Osaka Japan for about an hour, and low and behold my neighbor two houses down and was in high school with was there in the airport lobby. He was in the Air Force and was on his way home for a two week leave. He was stationed somewhere in japan.Cooter really was a good guy over there. My platoon, well, we had more fun than anyone else!!! As sick as I am, I am the only one living still and I was the oldest one there. Most of them were 18/19 while I was 21. My best bud, was a Bronze Star soldier in the first Gulf War.He died at the young age of 52. Didn't know until I filed my claim that he is buried about 50 miles from me. Yet the VA says we had no exposure.I was the only one who sprayed it.(I was in trouble at the time) But they were all with me in the field. The four of us volunteered for all field manueveres.We were all outdoorsmen. Anyway Cooter, anyway I can help, let me know! mike

Well I was in the 2nd in 85-86 and I don't remember a yearbook being offered. I wonder if the goberment stoped doing that so that it is harder to prove what happened? Woah do I sound paranoid!

I was at Essayons in Uijongbu, with one of the first MLRS Batteries.

Best regards,

Well I was in the 2nd in 85-86 and I don't remember a yearbook being offered. I wonder if the goberment stoped doing that so that it is harder to prove what happened? Woah do I sound paranoid!

I was at Essayons in Uijongbu, with one of the first MLRS Batteries.

Best regards,

I think our unit 122nd Signal Bn put it all together. uijonbu was one of my favorite places to hang out on weekends. I look at Camp Casey today and it sure looks different than it did in 71/72. Once a month at payday my buddies and I would pool our money and go stay at the Chosan hotel in Seoul. They had some unreal bars for the time period.We were big shots for at least the weekend. Went water skiing and hung out with the foriegn ladies from Seoul University. Met alot of Daddy girls from all over the world. One of the best Universities in the World.Was there still Siberian Tigers in the Uijonbu area when you were there?Tongduchon has grown to be quite the little/big city now. No paved roads when I was there.No Fast foods at Camp Casey. Had a NCO club that had ok food. Other than that it was hot dogs,ham/cheese from the korean on the bicycle. Life was simple back then.Mike