VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clarification On What It Takes To Close A Claim!

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

Good Evening My HADITeers! Finally got my C-File today after 5 requests and10 months. Inside of it I got another letter from head honcho of Portland stating that this was my C-File and that I couldn't use this material and that I needed new evidence to reopen my claim.They sent my FIRST denial in October 2011 and I quickly sent them my NOD the first of Nov 2011 and requested a DRO hearing. This is the second letter that they have used this terminology. Am I not correct in thinking that my claim remains open till I either get a final BVA/CAVC denial or if I miss a deadline to file something? And doesn't all my evidence stay good until I screwup and my claim gets closed? They kept trying to tell my EX- congress critter VA Rep that I need to get new info to reopen my claim. ( Not only did I fire the Rep, but so did the Congress critter.lol I guess telling him that his rep couldn't serve two masters at once and he was choosing the VA over me. Also that I would do everything in my power to make sure He didn't get re-elected this year!) lol Anyway, before I jump down this senior VA honcho throat, I want to make sure I am in the right. It was funny to see that 80% of what they had in my file is what I sent them.My file number on top of each page was the clue. Finally got to see my first denial. It was flakey but it is real.My mental files were not in my records tho old or new. Found a supposed surgery in there they said I had but it is false.After they screwed me on my last colonoscopy, no way could they get me to take another one from them. I ordered some more records last week that should clear that up. That or they drugged me and did it without me knowing about it.lol I had a surgery done a year later for a tethered bowel.I rechecked date to make sure they didn't do it then. You know two surgeries for the price of one. I think the fake surgery was to show no mental damage from the botched one if I agreed to another one after that. But I didn't!! My lying PCP from before forgot to tell me about another growth on last half of my thyroid.(AO is good fertilizer for producing thyroid nodules) My thyroid was producing so much bad stuff, I blame it for my heart attack and getting DM2. new growth has my windpipe pushed way over to the right. No wonder my CPAP burps itself during the night.lol Ok, enough babble, am I right that my evidence is still good? Thank you once again for your wisdom!! Mike

• Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Take two! In the boat pic I'm the one whos back is facing you.lol That cliff we climbed was in North korea and had under ground bunkers that went for hundreds of yards and had concrete windows about every 20 feet apart facing the river. We had our own Korean soldiers with two different uniforms just in case. Only North koreans I ever saw were at Freedom Bridge or the dead ones who tunneled across the border and shot up our equipment. I always refered to Korea as my Oriental Disneyland. The stuff we were able to get away with was only believable to people who were there at the same time. Such sweet memories. Once wanted to go back and visit, but since I've seen current pics, I no longer have that desire. Mike

Keep forgeting to ask a claim question. Is there any rules saying I can't communicate with the Dr they used for my 1151 opinion? I would like them to know that they obviously wasn't given any of my evidence to look at from some of the things they said in the opinion. Also they made a comment about a comment in my record that has no proof behind it. Some un authored person stated that I was a intranasal drug user. Dr stated that do to my number of years as an intranasal drug user, Blah Blah blah. No proof of any type. Never been arrested or charged for any drug. I have never had a positive drug test done by the VA or anyone else. Unauthored person says I loan out my equipment to SO for her drug use. 1) Research shows only ones who use drugs that have equipment involved are IV drug users.2) SO is not in my terminology. Females are either a friend Girl friend,fiancee, or wife. If I were to use that wording it would be used to describe a Gay Couple.3)From my research Government furnishes "equipment" to intranasal drug users.(94% of paper currency has traces of illegal drugs) only other "equipment" is straws. Second wife was given as a Birthday gift from sister, a small amount of cocaine to be placed on a sexual place.She was deathly afraid of drugs otherwise. So I want to clear up the facts with the Dr as well as contact the RO supervisor and have them send me recordings,drug arrest report and dates of positive drug test that were given to the Dr to base her opinion on. If they cannot provide this proof I want to know their Legal staff address so that I can file the appropiate suit paperwork.I am so fed up with this BS of making opinions on biased opinions not backed uop by any proof. Funny how every medical post in my file has an author to it. Whether it be a dr or a nurse. This one has no one. I tend not to believe someone who doesn't put their name on something. Who knows if this person was someone I once may have dated or turned down in my past. Anyway this was the last straw for me. So does anyone know why I can't contact these people. I will be respectful but firm!! When I first saw this in my records I just blew it off since there was no name behind it. But now that my disability has been determined by this falsehood, I will fight them to the very end!! Thank you for letting me rant. Now back to the pleasant memories of days gone by of innocent and the stupidity that youth brings! Mike

1971SOUTHKOREA.pdf

Well what a day this has been.While writing a letter to the head honcho at my RO, the mailman has brought me a letter from the top dog at my VAMC. President Obamas staff member had contacted him to look into my 1151 claim. Frustrated last year after getting my denial, I wrote a email to Our President. I never expected to hear back , just wanted to vent. I guess they have had a changing of the guard at my VAMC and the temporary acting director wrote me a letter to contact the Cheif of Staff and discuss the situation. He has a very snippy secretary who settled down after I mention the President and the Director. Director is so new she had to ask someone who he was.Once she found out her attitude changed big time. I was suppose to make an appointment with the Cheif of Staff per the letter, but she took it upon herself to have me write a letter and explain myself and then she would check with her boss. Well after gathering evidence, writing a LONG letter I emailed this to the addy she gave me.The addy was no good. So after two attempts I called and she said her boss wants to meet with me per the letter. But her computer was already shut down so I will have to call back tomorrow to setup an appointment. Her Boss will definitely her of her attitude and lack of proper business attitude.So maybe since the Presidents staff will be following up, maybe the DRO may not happen. Will see. All I wanted was to have the BS out of it and just get a fair deal.Not special attention, just a fair look at JUST the facts. I sure love Election years!!!! I will definitely look at this election with a new perspective.

I never heard of this Cheif of Staff, so he must have taken over when my ex PCP retired. I will see how responsive this guy is and if he is ok I'll approach him with the BS his C&P drs said on my exams. Maybe I can tie everything up with a purty bow and get everything granted without the Portland RO and be done with it all by my B-Day in may. Boise also has a RO that can process it all. Don't know if it is possible, but it makes a nice dream.Mike

BERTA,we stoled one of NUU YOURKS(sorry that's the best brooklyn accent I have) finest families member. Our new Director of the Boise VAMC is from the Fisher family. I wish him much luck with the crew he got stuck with. I was impressed with his family tree. The Fisher Houses and the Intrepid are some good projects to be associated with.My appointment with his new Cheif of Staff is next friday. I don't think that there is anything they can do for my claim. I think it is more of a pacification project. My first suggestion is to fire his secretary,she is so unprofessional (she must have some special attributes that one can't see thru a telephone).Next he will hear about his C&P Dr. and how they maybe should be in a more stress free environment.When I lived/worked in Hawaii, I got to see where the top 10% of thier class Drs practice medicine. Now after 20 years here, I have seen the the Bottom 10% who passed their bars are practicing.

Berta since you are Our Queen of Tort/1151 claims, If I have a serious health issue that was noted by a RED STAR/red flag report back in 07/2008 and my Dr did not notify me and because of it and other medical clues(lab tests) that resulted in a Heart attack/heart surgery, 4 months after discovery. Then 9 months pass and vet goes into a diabetic coma of 1100 and now has DM2.Then 3 1/2 years after initial discovery, vet finds out by accident that almost all of his throat/Thyroid is covered with a nodule that has possibly now due to time has turned into a tumor and many problems with its removal is probable.Doesn't that fall into the category of not provideing the proper medical attention to a life threatening event?Three years have passed for them, but I have only known for about a month. Am I still stuck with a 1151 claim as my only recourse? Please advise me! If all turn south, ya wanna have a quickie marriage so you can finish my claim. But you must find my Babies (cats) a loving home with a yard. A perfect marriage, no sex and a pension if you win.lol (bites lip as to not make a DIC joke) Yes , we can have a pre-nuptial!! lol mike