Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependecy Claims

Rate this topic

usmc89

Thanks Cooter. I have EVERY piece of paperwork that I have sent them in a large accordian file. I have the originals and a copy. two separate folders. Overkill, no just being cautious. Sent in the the last of the paperwork from my neuroguy and pain management guy this past Tuesday along with the This is it letter, no more evidence FOR NOW. Sent return receipt requested.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you for being smart!!..Keep checking ebenefits to see if they added it on. When I sent all my documents for dependents I also sent them certified w/return receipt. To make a long story short, they closed out my claim cause they never received my docs. When I found out about it I called them up and gave the name and date that was on the return receipt. The next day they called me up and said they found them and will reopen the claim. That added 2 extra months of waiting. So yes, keep them baby's in a safe place. Hopefully you'll never have to use them, but if you do, what a life saver they can be, especially if you you lose the originals by some freak of nature, like a house fire, or the dog ate them.

Coot

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use