Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Claim

Rate this question

GoldDvlDog

Question

I have a claim with the houston varo. It took me 14 months to get a differed rateing of 30% for multiple sclerosis. I was told by the rater i shpuld have exams in a few weeks for the rest of my items. 3 months have past with no responses from them there have been several iris sent out that are over 3 months old with no response. They forwarded the iris's to a coach two different times and they wont even respond ti them lol. I contacted my dav national office and they physically went to check my claim and had gotten the run around as well. My claim for depentants has still not been addressed as well... Im at a loss and im not sure what else to do all i need is exams and thats it. If they dont respond to me,their own people, or the dav national rep who would they???

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

You could have your congress critter look into it for you, but ultimately all that will do is have them verify they have a claim for you and that they are processing it, in line with all the other claims that they have, and indicate that the large influx of claims and appeals due to the wars have everything backed up, and their really is nothing more that they can do to speed things up. The VA will pull your file from the stack of work that is waiting to be worked on while they "investigate" this for the congress critter and then will place it back into the stack to be worked on when they are done. I would not count on them putting it where it was or at the head of the line, it could very well go to the bottom of the stack.

I have a DRO appeal going on right now, hearing last March exam June, then when they went to work on the file in November it appears they forgot to ask a question or two on the C&P exam and sent it off for a clarfication, the file came back January 5th with a note indicating the exam from 11/2010 was sufficient and no clarfication was needed. Currently it sits waiting to come back up through the stack to be worked on. So about June or July someone will look at it again, type some correspondence to the C&P office telling them they are wrong and we need the written clarification. It will go to C&P they will send it back within 60 days and it will sit for another 5.5 months before somone looks at it again and they will either be able to do a decision or they will send it out again.

The at once exam for my deffered item two years ago took 7 months.

Sorry to not have good news for you, but I assure you many of us are in the same boat.

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10

Hi, fellow Texan! I also have a claim with Houston Varo Feb 23 (tomorrow) will be 13 months. I am taking Carlie's advice to wait it out........VERY good advice I might add! Hint... Like 71M10 said, they have a tendency to not put the file back in the same place. Good Luck!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper