Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Requesting Vso's Worked Claim Records

Rate this question

autumn

Question

what information can/will a vso sedn ot veteran upon a request for all information related to a claim the vso has been working on?

are they required to send all of their records/info ?

is it worth asking for this info prior to taking back POA?

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

My VSO's have told me it would be impossible to keep hard copies of all records of the cases, it would jsut be a nigthmare.. plus, scanning all records would be a fulltime job and cost a lot of money to run such an operation.. so no, they don't keep copies... they make entries into the computer under your file, and that is it..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

In my experience, Chapter or volunteer service officers do not retain any copies of anything that is claim related. The do not have the resources to safeguard the information, nor can they afford the cost to keep things on file.

National service officers, those who are paid employees of the DAV, VFW, AL, etc.. and who work at the Regional offices level, do keep working files of the claims until they are adjudicated. In most cases their files would be of no use to the veteran since they would only contain working notes, of conversations with the veteran, suspense dates and things of that nature.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VSO's I dealt with kept sketchy records and no hard copies of anything that they forwarded for me. Yes they will help you fill out a form or copy a document to send but they don't keep records except notes and perhaps something on their computer.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

FWIW - any of the VSO's I've ever had, did not keep hard copy files on claim issues.

sorry for the delay in getting back, guess i had the auto notify turned off or something.

that is my experience. bu they do keep notes, etc on computer file. that much i do know.

thx