VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t, Tdiu, 80% Csc, Still Scheduled For C&p?

Rate this question

JohnO

Question

Am I exempt from future C&P exams if I'm P&T? I am P&T, 80% SC, and TDIU. I just had one C&P yesterday and am scheduled for another in one month.

I asked my VSO about the exam and he said the VA was just getting a benchmark on my health, tracking my disabilities for future reference.

I received a letter today from DVA regional thanking me for my service. The letter noted my claim #, dates served and honorable discharge, and gave my VA information.

Sevice-connected: Yes

Combined service-connected evaluation is: 80%

Effective date of last change: 1 Dec 2011

Current monthly award: $2,924.00

Am being paid 100% because I'm unemployable: Yes

I am considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to service-connected disabilities: Yes

I just had a C&P exam yesterday for sleep apnea possibly secondary to CAD. Also, the exam covered DMII. I had a C&P for DMII in 2010.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It is my understanding that IU is 100% but you cant work an earn income gainfully, but if your actual ratings combine to 100% you can work and earn an unlimited amount, so if the C & P exams result in an increase in your rating to true 100%, you are in a better situation. Also, once you are 55, they arent supposed to do future re-evaluations.

• HadIt.com Elder

Donna, they can Examine you at any time even if you are P and T.

It happens every day.

We have had too many to count here at Hadit go through it.

What I have found out mostly is these folks have filed another claim and i guess the proposed reduction was in retaliation for filing the increase.

Believe me it does happen.

J

As has been said the va can re-evaluate any veteran at anytime regardless of the P/T status. In most cases if a veteran is P/T the va is not likely to schedule any future exams. However, if a veteran submits a request for any increases in disability to include " new claims" it would not be wrong for the va to reexamined the veterans entire disability file.

With that said.. it would be unusual for the va to request new c/p exams for conditions unrelated to the veterans new claim. For example if the new claim concerns a back injury, the va is not likely to reexamine the veterans service connected lung conditon....

As has been said the va can re-evaluate any veteran at anytime regardless of the P/T status. In most cases if a veteran is P/T the va is not likely to schedule any future exams. However, if a veteran submits a request for any increases in disability to include " new claims" it would not be wrong for the va to reexamined the veterans entire disability file.

With that said.. it would be unusual for the va to request new c/p exams for conditions unrelated to the veterans new claim. For example if the new claim concerns a back injury, the va is not likely to reexamine the veterans service connected lung conditon....

I did not file any new claims. Some of my original claims have not been C&P'd. My original filing from May of 2010 included claims for a neurological condition and for sleep apnea. These two items are being C&P'd now, which is why I posted this topic. I did file for diabetic neuropathy, which shouldn't be considered as a new claim since I'm already getting 20% for DMII.

I attempted to search this site for answers but searches only bring up titles and most titles of topics are not very descriptive. I am very curious about what P&T actually means. Obviously, it does not mean what I thought it did, giving me some sort of immunity from further examinations and possible reductions of benefits.

Edited by JohnO