Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apena Info.

Rate this question

oldranger821

Question

The nurse at my epidural shot on Monday said I need to see my Doc about it. Where can I go to do research on it and what the VA requires, Secondary to my IHD or any other info and and so on. Will see my Doc on the 5th of March and would like to be more informed.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oldranger

Read this article.. I found this very helpful. http://www.medicinen.../page2.htm#tocd

There is 3 types of Sleep Apnea

• central sleep apnea (CSA) one of the causes Heart disease(IHD)
  • obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), and
  • mixed sleep apnea (both central sleep apnea and obstructive sleep apnea).

• Central sleep apnea (CSA) occurs when the brain does not send the signal to the muscles to take a breath, and there is no muscular effort to take a breath.
    • Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) occurs when the brain sends the signal to the muscles and the muscles make an effort to take a breath, but they are unsuccessful because the airway becomes obstructed and prevents an adequate flow of air.
    • Mixed sleep apnea, occurs when there is both central sleep apnea and obstructive sleep apnea.

iam reading my sleep disorder report and i have CSA, OSA, AND MIXED SLEEP APNEA. When you have all 3, what does this mean.

Hello shipmates,

? I'm having full r/hip replacement surgery (prosthesis) Prosthetic replacement of the head of the femur or and acetabulum on 2 April 2012. it states that for 1 year following implantation of prosthesis 100% . i already have 20%SC FOR BILATERAL HIPS. How do i submit this and how should i right it up, please advise.