Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sleep Apena Info.

Rate this question

oldranger821

Question

The nurse at my epidural shot on Monday said I need to see my Doc about it. Where can I go to do research on it and what the VA requires, Secondary to my IHD or any other info and and so on. Will see my Doc on the 5th of March and would like to be more informed.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Best bet is to find something that links to your service but I think its possible to find links to PTSD and IHD or even meds that made you gain weight. VA is just pretty obstinate about grantng for new stuff

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Thanks Pete. Just trying to get my ducks in a row so to speak. I have a claim working for AO IHD and DMII, increase for my back and hearing and a new one for Tinnitus. Still waiting. Don't want to put in another claim with that one still working. I don't know if I have Sleep apena but I do exhibit the symptoms from what the wife and the nurse said. Time will tell. Do have a lot of trouble sleeping and staying a sleep. I am in it for the long haul so I will not give up. rolleyes.gif

• HadIt.com Elder

There is no doubt that certain drugs like clonazepam make apnea worse. I notice in myself. Sometimes when I take oxycodone and clonazepam during the day time I will find myself snorting as if my throat is blocked. Weight gain will also do it. I wonder about sleep apnea and DMII. I have heard that PTSD and apnea have a connection.

Old Ranger do you have SC for PTSD or anxiety problems? You have a lot on your plate with the AO claims and might be able to get to 100% just on those issues.

John999. No PTSD accept for dreams every so often about Nam. Still can't take loud noises or gunfire close. Can't watch War flicks or anything about Nam. Too many emotions. Yes. I am hopeful of getting close to the 100% with what I have going now. The apena is something that I have suspected I have had but this in a way kind of comfirms what I had thought. Trouble sleeping, Snoring, large neck, overweight and the wife says she has seen it to. Will be seeing my Doc on the 5th of March about it. smile.png

Doctor gave me a refferal to go for a sleep study. What is my chances of a claim for SA secondary to my IHD or my DMII. As of now neither one is SC. With the boots on the ground and a confirmed Diagnosis of both IHD,CAD, and the DMII, they should SC all three When they FINALLY get to my claim. 6 Jun 2011 is when I filed. What other things are linked to sleep apena? I can 't seem to find a lot of info???

Ranger

Are you on any type of opiates for pain? I have Central SA, and the doc say's it's from the morphine & oxycodone I'm taking. There is a lot of studies within the internet. Try searching under "Sleep Apnea due to (your disability)". Try staying away from using shortcuts, like SA, OSA and CSA. The reason why is everything in the world will pop up with words that has those initials. The other day I googled IMO and came up with some mining co. lol..

The site Dot gave you is really a good one. If you really want to get into some intense reading on this topic, Google "Sleep Apnea Research". They usually have studies that involve a lot of different causes.

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!