Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Contains Other Peoples Records

Rate this question

rodin57

Question

Okay, I just did a quick & dirty exam of my C-File. It contains a few of the medical records of another veteran from Tucson. (If I wasn't honest and I had this guys mother's maiden name, I could probably get a home loan in his name.) It also contains financial information from three other veterans. I see from reading the forum that this is not a rare thing. What do most people do with the other records in their C-File? Should I just shred them? Should I try to contact the other veterans? This is just unbelievable incompetence on the part of the VA. (I will not be attaching a scan of their records for this post.)

Now for my real concern: Does some other veteran have copies (that I am missing) of my C-File mixed into their records? If I knew who did this at the RO, I would beat their ass.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Just so I understand about the other veteran's medical and financial info that I received as a part of my C-File:

1. Does this mean that my C-File actually contains the original documents for these other veterans?

OR

2. Was this just a large VA copying & printing job where the sorting just got mixed-up? (In other words, my C-File does not actually contain any original documents of other Vets, just copies.)

I only ask this because I think if #1 is true, it is a worst-case senario.

Either way, I see an unplanned trip to Phoenix for myself.mad.gif

hello

"whats a worst-case sonario"

well in my case having the board decide your claim five times {5) useing a certain docket number.

and also decide another veterans claim using the same docket number three times {3} i assume the claims file was used ?

i told the va there was a problem.and they even point it out in one of his claims.

i know some of my records are missing.and ever thing is all messed up.

like i said they know it. but they say its just a harmless mistake.

i have a copy of my c-file and i dont see any of his records in it. but i wonder if some of mine is in his ?

crazy hu

thanks

Hello Rodin,

Ok,,,,here is the possible bad news. Your C file now may,,,MAY have this information of another Veteran in it. OR BOTH of you can have conflicting information in each others Cfile. Either way the process has not corrected it. So you and possibly the other vet, risk going thru the process with CORRUPTED information . Now here is where it gets worse. The appeals process may take you to the BVA. It takes time for this to happen also maybe 2-3 yrs to get a claim appealed and sent there and get an answer back from BVA ,,,,,MAYBE longer. If the BVA does not spot this problem then you or possibly both of you could end up having your claim adjudicated and it will be an error on the BVA. Ok ,,,now you have to painstakenly get everyone alerted,,,,BVA , lawyers or VSOs , Regional Offices,,,, this means at least another 1-3 yrs...... So now the claim is basically in limbo , lost in the process. And even something else to think about ......Both of you need to make sure this is corrected , because some of his information or yours could later on end up BACK in your Cfile even if you or him get it corrected. Both Veterans need to watch their Cfile and try to get the same coordinated effort to correct it at the same time.

This is not going to get corrected with a phone call. Your C file and this other Veteran Cfile are now corrupted. ASSUME the worst case because you are dealing with the VA . They are not going to do the right thing. Their track record speaks for itself and its going to take some very, VERY higher ups in Government to make sure this is corrected AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. It is all about time and the ongoing process that you and the other veteran are in.

As you have pointed out below the corrupted file has already started 5 times in your decision process and 3 in his. It is like a wild virus out of control....insanity with no treatment. AND YOU HAVE EVEN TOLD THE VA THERE IS A PROBLEM. I would cease this communication with them until you have direction from the IG, House Chair of the VA, Senate Chair of the VA and someone that is assigned to the Director of VA at Washington. Including your Congressman and Senators direct involvement in this. This is absolutely a nightmare unfolding as you are now finding out from what you have posted.

I would look at what Carlie and I and Jbasser have said to do and get on it as soon as possible. This could take many many years to correct and has the possibility of outliving the Veteran if not corrected ASAP. I look at this as an incredible breach of Privacy and Security and almost as bad ,,,,a huge time consuming problem involving the PROCESS of the Claims and appeals at the VA and the BVA. I really do not see any other way to address or attack it. YOU NEED BIG HELP NOW AND SO DOES THIS OTHER VETERAN.

Above all......please .......NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

Still going thru the C-File sent to me by Phoenix VARO. I have now found documents from another veteran's congressional inquiry & complaint. I am enclosing a copy of the Congressional Inquiry (identifying info blacked-out) so you can see for yourself. I feel so bad for these other veterans, if the documentation is missing from their files. I think this kind of buffoonery has earned the Phoenix VARO a giant bitch-slap.

Still, does anyone know how the average VARO copy procedures work? Do I have the other veterans original copies in my original C-File? Or is this just a copy-job gone bad?

post-11906-0-22739300-1330969240_thumb.j

Hello Rodin ,,,

Man ,,,brother your posting this stuff just adds more heartbreak for so many of us that know how hard this stuff is to correct. You are seeing it unfold before your eyes and now it looks as if there is more to the problem affecting all of these other Veterans. This is a classic example of a little round snowball heading downhill .......going faster and faster and GROWING bigger and bigger.

Now it seems you have no choice but to have other people involved to try and correct this. The Regional Office as you can see from your own experience and the papertrail unfolding is not capable of correcting their mistake or able to recognize the problem. You tried already with them to correct it.

As far as your C file at the Regional Office goes. It will contain or is suppose to contain all of your Progress Reports from the VAMC or fee basis doctors. It will also contain or is suppose to contain, anything you have sent them. Ok , here is part of the problem. Your file has been corrupted ....You cannot count on how many other Veterans Files are also corrupted with either your material and reports in them or other Veterans that have shown up in the material you are in possession of. But lets just say it looks like 5-8 Veterans just rough counting. If EACH Veteran can go and see his Cfile then they could see what material is not suppose to be in their Cfile. But how do you get everyone going to see their Cfile and patiently looking at everything? And the VA Regional has already got the files wrong with corrupted material from other Veterans . Unfortuantely , OTHER agencies and VAMCs or Medical Clinics, hospitals and doctors are also drawing from these records. They assume your records are ACCURATE but they cannot see the problem because of this originating point ,,,,,being the Regional Office. The BVA is assuming everything is correct so if they make a decision it will be based on a corrupted file and there will DEFINITELY be a CUE. ( Please review Broncos post from Purpleheart list of what constitutes a CUE for more last month)

I also see a problem with the VA Regional office should you have an appeal........ the VARO has got to read and CERTIFY it good to go to the BVA. How can this happen??? I feel you have no choice but to contact the list of people I have listed to help sort this out. Hopefully some of our other folks here at Hadit will also give you some advice and maybe some other Government watchdogs or folks to help. I would also consider going to the New groups and TV reporters on this. I know your not the only one but if this can't be stopped then it will continue to grow and all of the Veterans involved in your particular issue will end up loosing out on their benefits or even worse getting awards that are not related to their claims and trying to figure out how to get that all stopped. You don't want to owe the VA because it could last years into your retirement. Affecting future benefits and then more paperwork when your trying to ENJOY your retirement years.

Hopefully some others will also offer some help and recommendations on what you should do. I am still stunned by this and very sad for all those Veterans involved and having to face this.

Please remember though that above all of this fiasco,,,,,you can NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate