Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Maybe Success, Hoping So......

Rate this topic

AFButch

I am hoping that this is a success story but I guess the answer is in the mail?

I have an open claim for IHD under AO Presumptive. Learned about all this in a parking lot visiting with my brother who told me about a friend who had just received VA compensation for his heart condition. I mentioned it to my wife, we researched and a couple months later (waited for some paperwork to include with the claim) I filed my claim the 1st part of Oct 2011. My understanding is that I will have to go physically to a RO to initiate an EBenefit account. That is about a 6 hour drive for me, so that has not been done, YET. My claim was handled through Fast Track and I am able to access claim status ONLY there. I watched the days and weeks pass in Development Phase, got happy to see it move to Decision Phase but on February 28th I jumped out of my skin (not a good thing with blood thinners making it so thin), my CLAIM was in NOTIFICATION PHASE!!! I know it has only been a few days, but I got anxious and gave Peggy a call. They told me that ALL they can tell me is that a letter has been generated. They can not tell me that one has been mailed nor anything contained in the letter. I ASKED! Can't blame a guy for trying. She would not even tell me if it was accepted or denied. She told me to expect a letter approximately 5 days from Feb 28th. So, I have been anxiously awaiting mail delivery and as others have suggested, looking at the good ole bank account.... nothing from the VA either place. My question is, how valid is the info Peggy did offer? Can I safely assume that this notification will be my rating and expected compensation?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what you were told by "Peggy" and from previous similar posts, I would say your decision letter is on the way. Just keep checking the mail and bank account.

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

Btw, do you have vso?

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

Why arrive at the grave relatively unscaithed, rather than to skid in sideways yelling "Holy Crap! What a Ride!"

I jump into this blind, didn't even know there was such a thing as VSO. The wife has years of administrative work history. She put together a very good claim I think that would be easily followed. So in answer NO VSO. So just sit and wait for the US Mail....

Just curious guys. How did this Peggy thing ever get started. It's about the dumbest thing I've heard for awhile..JMO

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

One might equate it as almost as dumb as being a fan of a losing football team. JMHO.....

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use